The mission begins with Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips and Franklin Clinton being summoned by the corrupt FIB agent, Steve Haines. Haines forces Michael and his crew to perform an abduction against the IAA, another government force, in order to boost the funding for the FIB. Michael refuses, until Haines gives him the guarantee that their work together will come to a close (Which, eventually, is false.)
Michael De Santa is the abductor, who raids the IAA Headquarters via grappel.
Franklin Clinton is the designated sniper, who will provide to be sniper support for Michael when he is inside the IAA Headquarters.
When the 3 protagonists arrive at the IAA HQ (in-game rendition of the CIA), Franklin is already perched with a Sniper Rifle on top of a nearby building, in case things get violent. As Trevor hovers overhead, Michael rappels down the building to the 36th floor to extract the target. On his way the player can observe offices full of people, giving a real-life feeling. Michael identifies the target, breaks the glass and catches the man, while the bodyguards are pointing guns at him. The player then switches to Franklin, who covers Michael from across the street by sniping some of the bodyguards, and then has the choice to switch back to play as Michael as he shoots the remaining guards. Trevor then brings Michael and the captured man back up to the helicopter, as many more helicopters show up. Franklin kills the pilot in the chopper going after him while Michael shoots down the other helicopters with an assault rifle, as Trevor flies around them. Michael then tells Franklin to leave. They all arrive at the FIB helipad and the mission concludes.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 07:30.
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 60%.
- Headshots - Kill 10 enemies with headshots.
- In GameInformer's demo review, it was mentioned that the target would be injured due to one of the agents smashing a torch on his finger, causing his finger to bleed; However in the actual game, his hands are unharmed when Michael picks the target up. This is partially true, however; the IAA interrogator does hit the target's hands with a torch (a flashlight), but it seems to have no serious or lasting effect on his hands.
- Originally, this mission was going to be called "The Extraction".
- The IGN's demo review mentions that this would be the first mission in which all 3 protagonists would be available to play as. This remained true.
- Karen appears in this mission as the lead interrogator of the target. She cannot be killed, however, since she escapes the room before the player regains control as Michael or Franklin.
- The building where Franklin covers Michael is the Arcadius Business Center.
- The title also points out that Michael, Trevor and Franklin work together to complete the mission. This is actually the first time & mission where Franklin meets Trevor and all three protagonists work together.
- There are multiple possible references for the mission's name.
- It is possibly a reference to the fact that this is the first mission where all three protagonists are forced to work together.
- Another possibility is that it is a reference to the 1984-85 TV show Three's a Crowd, which was later renamed Three's Company.
- The most likely source is the fact that Karen appears in the mission; she first appeared in Three's a Crowd in GTA IV. The two titles are idioms that mean the opposite of each other.
- The Frogger in this mission is the first helicopter added to Trevor's Sandy Shores helipad. Trevor later defiled it by writing multiple phrases on it red paint.