The Thunder-Rodd is a vehicle which appears in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
The car is based on a 1948 Ford De Luxe, which has been modified into a hot rod, complete with low ground clearance, wider wheels, a chopped rooftop, flaming paintjob, and a red interior. Bizarrely, the interior of the vehicle does not include a steering wheel.
Performance-wise, the car has great acceleration and a good top speed. However, the car lacks grip, resulting in less responsive cornering (the latter occasionally leads to the car sliding out of control), but compensates with good brakes.
- Dan Sucho owns a Thunder-Rodd, which appears in the mission "Grease Sucho" with a unique black-and-blue body color.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Grease Sucho - One of the competitors drives this car to the race. It has a unique paintjob which isn't found on any Thunder-Rodds. It can be obtained by damaging his car until he runs out, then run over him, the mission passes and get on the Thunder-Rodd. Drive it into the Safehouse Garage and it will be repaired. Save as usual.
- In the mission Grease Sucho, Sucho's Thunder-Rodd can be stolen after Toni Cipriani kills Sucho. The vehicle comes in a unique paint scheme.
- Following "Grease Sucho", the Thunder-Rodd can be found at the Old School Hall in Chinatown, Portland Island.
- The car's name and design is a homage to the film Grease, where the main character, Danny Zuko, owns a modified hot rod car named Greased Lightning.