Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Record the fastest time possible, with a new course to master every week that awards you GTA$ and RP for beating our target time or your own personal best - and a championship worthy haul if you can take down the World Record."
Time Trials are short races from one location to another. The goal is to beat a par time, rewarding the player with money and reputation. A purple corona will highlight the starting point, which can be seen on the map as a purple stopwatch icon. There are no checkpoints, meaning the player can take any path they want to reach the finishing point.
The race is live and one-man only, meaning that other players can see the player racing in the freemode session. To avoid interruptions by others, the player is switched to passive mode.
If the player took a wrong turn or ran out of time they can hold F (PC), Y (Xbox One) or Triangle (PlayStation 4) to restart the race. The player will then be placed at the purple corona, and have the option to start the race again.
Time Trials are unique and change every week (real-time). Once the player has beaten the par time, the time trial becomes unavailable and reappears after a while. Any further successful attempt on beating the par time will only give the consolation money ($1,000-$4,000).
Until February 2, 2016, at total of 22 Time Trials were released. A week later the list was started all over again, beginning with Del Perro Pier.
During the «Time Trials Week» (May 6 to May 12, 2016), there were daily Time Trials and the completion reward was double. These Trials were:
- Friday May 6th: Vinewood Bowl
- Saturday May 7th: Down Chiliad
- Sunday May 8th: Mount Gordo
- Monday May 9th: Great Ocean Highway
- Tuesday May 10th: Sawmill
- Wednesday May 11th: Maze Bank Arena
- Thursday May 12th: End to End
|No.||Time Trial||Locations||Par Time||Reward|
|Del Perro Pier||Del Perro Pier to Land Act Dam||1:43.200||$51,000|
|Observatory||Galileo Observatory to McKenzie Airfield||2:04.400||$52,000|
|Great Ocean Highway||A Parking Lot in Rockford Hills to Hookies||2:04.900||$52,000|
|Mount Gordo||Beginning of Mount Gordo trail to the peak of Mount Gordo||0:46.300||$51,000|
|End to End||South-east corner of the Terminal docks to Procopio Promenade, Paleto Bay||4:09.500||$54,000|
|Fort Zancudo||Fort Zancudo Approach to the top of Vinewood Hills near the Vinewood Sign||1:44.000||$51,000|
|Storm Drain||In the Los Santos Storm Drain in La Mesa||0:38.500||$51,000|
|Up Chiliad||Paleto Forest Sawmill to the top of Mount Chiliad||1:10.000||$51,000|
|Sawmill||Paleto Forest Sawmill to Davis Quartz Quarry||2:15.000||$51,000|
|Cypress Flats||Cypress Flats to RON Alternates Wind Farm||2:07.200||$52,000|
|Up-n-Atom||Procopio Beach to North Chumash||1:41.300||$51,000|
|Maze Bank Arena||Maze Bank Arena to Sisyphus Theater||1:17.800||$51,000|
|Tongva Valley||Tongva Drive to Dorset Drive||0:58.800||$51,000|
|Coast to Coast||Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness to Cape Catfish||2:29.400||$52,000|
|Casino||Casino to Lake Vinewood Estates||1:00.000||$51,000|
|Route 68||Route 68, Larry's RV Sales to RON Gas Station, Lago Zancudo||1:19.000||$51,000|
|LSIA||LSIA, top of Multi Level Parking 1 to White Water Activity Center, Tongva Valley||1:43.400||
|Calafia Way||Junction Joshua Road/Calafia Road to North Calafia Way||1:24.200||$51,000|
|Vinewood Bowl||Vinewood Bowl to Sonar Collections Dock||2:58.800||$52,000|
|Power Station||Palmer-Taylor Power Station to Nikola Place, Mirror Park||1:26.600||$51,000|
|Raton Canyon||Hookies to Calafia Road||1:16.600||$51,000|
|Down Chiliad||Down Mount Chiliad in eastern direction||0:57.200||$51,000|
- When attempting a Time Trial, pick a vehicle which suits the situation at hand. Fast motorcycles and Supers are the ideal choices for Time Trials, ideally fully upgraded.
- Start at day time; most of the time trials pass through or end in un-lit areas, and headlights aren't too efficient, and could put the player at risk of crashing.
- Most Time Trials require some level of speed conservation. Avoid unnecessary collisions with traffic and be light on the brakes when heading into corners.
- Particularly for End to End and Storm Drain, pulling wheelies, whether constantly or one giant one, will result in a major increase in both acceleration and top speed. Be sure to pull wheelies whenever possible, even if it means taking a risk.
- Out of all Freemode Events, this is the only event which is permanently available for the player.
- Time Trials are not available in sessions with only one player.