Timur is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character and the secondary antagonist of The Ballad of Gay Tony. He is the personal bodyguard, right-hand man and best friend of Ray Bulgarin. Timur assisted Luis Fernando Lopez in certain missions given to him by Ray.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Timur is Ray Bulgarin's right hand man and, despite his violent and pragmatic demeanour, Timur is eternally loyal and obedient to his boss. When Luis begins working for Ray, Timur accompanies Luis with Ray on his first job and as a chopper pilot when he is tasked with raiding the MeTV building. He claimed that he wanted to help Luis with the mission but he cannot do so because Marki Ashvilli knows his family back in "Old Place".
In Departure Time, Luis heads to Funland where Bulgarin's men were supervising a heroin shipment. He destroyed the heroin and killed the men. Soon after, Timur arrives, telling Luis that he is too late to catch Bulgarin as he is at the airport ready to leave in his Blue Ghawar jet. Luis kills Timur and makes his way to the airport. Before being killed in Funland, he reveals that he was trying to turn Bulgarin against Luis, telling him he was too weak.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Timur means "east" in both Bahasa Indonesia and Malay (bear in mind that both languages are similar). Timur is also the name of a 14th c. Turkic warlord who conquered all of Central Asia.
- He is a skilled guitar player, as shown in Ray Bulgarin's mission cutscenes.
- He clearly dislikes Luis and Gay Tony, as he calls him the "fag master."
- Timur, unlike most other characters, does not wear a helmet while on a bike.
- The guitar Timur plays during the cutscene of Dropping In... is a prototype of the famous Gibson Flying V guitar, and the guitar effect Timur uses for his guitar is called heavy distortion. Also, Timur says that the guitar cost $50,000, while the original Flying V costs about $2,000 - $3,000.
- Timur speaks English quite poorly, with a lot of grammatical errors.