The Tipper is a dump truck that serves in construction areas. As with some vehicles in the game, has two variants, which both differ slightly in terms of exterior design. Both trucks have similar chassis and performance specs.
The first generation of the Tipper appears to be based on the Mack R series dump truck, and it bears some resemblance to the Biff. It has single headlights and a slightly rusted body. It also appears to have a cylindrical air filter on the right side of its cabin and has 6 wheels. Strangely, this variant of the Tipper lacks frontal turn signals.
The second variant of the Tipper appears to be slightly newer than the first, with an updated exterior design, closely resembling an International Harvester S-2500. This one has two double headlights, a different shaped grille, and a more streamlined front end. This variant also has two turn signals placed on top of each front wheel arch, and it lacks an air filter on its side. Also, this variant only has 4 wheels.
The performance is that of an average heavy truck with slow acceleration but remarkable top speed. The Tipper has a very large turning radius, however, and its heavy handling leaves much to be desired. However, its heavy weight can be used to the player's advantage, as the Tipper can easily push smaller cars out of the way.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||100 / 161 (handling.dat)||
5500 / 12125 (handling.dat)
(rear 4 on 1st Generation) Inline-4 (In-game model)
RWD (rear 4 on 1st Generation)
Mass cannot be observed.
- Found at the Port of Los Santos.
- Parked outside the Merryweather dock during Scouting the Port.
- On the southern Los Santos' highway.
- Rarely found on the highway near Sandy Shores.
- The 2nd Gen Tipper is reused for the so-called Tipper-like Mixer.
- This is one of the vehicles that have more than multiple generations within the same universe, along the Buffalo, Oracle, Faggio, Schafter, Coquette and Baller.