- "It is my earnest wish to destroy a man, Mr. Cipriani. Destroy...not merely kill. I want him and his whole organization weakened and humiliated before he dies. I want him to suffer."
- ―Toshiko Kasen
Toshiko Kasen (Japanese: 加瀬俊子, Kasen Toshiko) is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (set in 1998). She is the wife of Yakuza leader Kazuki Kasen.
Toshiko Kasen was born in 1967 in Japan and moved to Liberty City, where she met her husband Kazuki Kasen, who became the leader of the Yakuza in the city. Kazuki, however, preferred to spend his time with his men than with Toshiko who, feeling neglected, hires Leone Family made man Toni Cipriani to ruin and humiliate her husband after he destroys a Yakuza tank. She first tells Toni to steal a Yakuza munitions delivery, taking them to Phil Cassidy at a small dock in Rockford. Toshiko, happy of giving revenge, hires Toni to destroy the money being moved from Kazuki's casino before taking her to an opera at the Fort Staunton Opera House. After that, the Forelli Family attempt to ambush by smashing the limousine. although Toni manages to return her safely to her apartment. Toshiko, having humiliated her husband and shown her allegiances, tells Toni to kill her husband. Toshiko, feeling free, becomes depressed and releases her pet canary into the wild. Toshiko wanted to be "truly free" and commits suicide by falling out of her apartment window and falling on to a car below.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Shogun Showdown (Post-mission phone call)
- More Deadly Than the Male (Boss)
- Cash Clash (Boss)
- A Date With Death (Boss)
- Cash in Kazuki’s Chips (Boss/Suicide)
- Despite her holding a pistol in the concept art, she is never seen using one and appears to be a very peaceful and tranquil woman in the game, even letting her pet canary out of its cage to fly away into Liberty City before committing suicide.
- Despite being born and raised in an English-speaking environment, she speaks in a stereotypical Japanese accent, sometimes pronouncing an L as an R.
- She is one of the few characters to die by committing suicide. The few others to do this are Keith Ham Yel Tun, Wilhelm, Margot and Dom Beasley.