|This article needs more images of:|
Images of the locations in Las Venturas and Los Santos
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Popular with people who buy a car, then want to make it look a different car. Probably the same kind of people who like creative plastic surgery."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website.
TransFender is an automobile customization shop in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Vehicles that can be modified at TransFender encompassed a limited but nevertheless large number of standard civilian road vehicles that are not classified as tuners (which can only be modified at Wheel Arch Angels garage in San Fierro) or lowriders (which can only be modified at Loco Low Co. in Los Santos). Motorcycles and bicycles, industrial vehicles and law enforcement vehicles are typically unacceptable.
Vehicles customizable at TransFender include the following:
- Blista Compact
- Super GT
The range of modifications available for vehicles at TransFender depend on the vehicle's model.
Basic options, including body colors, nitrous oxide systems, wheels, car stereos and hydraulics, are available for all vehicles. However, other groups of parts are only exclusive to certain classes of vehicles. Even so, the number of parts available for each option are usually limited to a select few, depending on the vehicle model. The "Exhaust" option is available for most road vehicles, but unavailable for the same vehicles deprived of body kit parts.
For a more detailed range of parts for each vehicle, see the vehicles' respectable pages.
The following lists a complete range of parts available for all vehicles at TransFender:
|Colors||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Car Color 2 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Hood||Fury Scoop||$ 150|
|Champ Scoop||$ 100|
|Vents||Oval Hood Vent||$ 150|
|Square Hood Vent||$ 100|
|Exhausts||Large Exhaust||$ 250|
|Medium Exhaust||$ 200|
|Small Exhaust||$ 150|
|Twin Exhaust||$ 300|
|Upswept Exhaust||$ 400|
|Lights||Round Fog Lamp||$ 100|
|Square Fog Lamp||$ 50|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Side skirts||Side Skirt||$ 500|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
- Changing color actually works the same as a Pay 'n' Spray visit (repair car and remove wanted level). However, the cost of each individual color change is consistently $150, 50% higher than a Pay 'n' Spray service, regardless of whether or not the car is damaged to begin with or the player has a wanted level.
- At the Las Venturas TransFender, all modifications except Color cost 20% more than at other TransFenders in San Andreas.
- There is a bug with the TransFender in Las Venturas. Driving a Moonbeam into the TransFender will allow the player to modify the vehicle as normal, but once the player exits the TransFender modification screen and attempt to leave, the vehicle will spawn on top of the garage but underneath the actual roof, making it impossible to drive the vehicle out and also trapping the player inside the TransFender. The only way to escape is for the player to kill themselves by damaging the Moonbeam enough to blow it up and kill the player, or re-loading the game's save file, or the game itself. Bug is not present in PC version.
- The TransFender name is a play on the word transgender, as further evidenced by the slogan "body swap shop" (a transgendered person might be seen as "swapping" his or her body for that of another gender, hence the moniker).
- Although it is possible to install fog lights on some cars, it is not possible for them to function. Therefore they cannot turn on or off with the normal headlights
- A rare glitch allows the player to control the car inside Mod garages including TransFender. This also occurs in Loco Low Co., and if the player drives through garage door (for a good view, go to Nitro screen) the player will enter the Blue Hell. 3-5 seconds later the player will get a triple insane stunt. This glitch might not always work with TransFenders.
- The "Off-Road Wheels" mod is the only modification that changes the performance of a car in GTA San Andreas, excluding "Nitrous" which is situational and "Bass Boost" which doesn't change speed, handling or braking capabilities.
- A Kruton 9000 computer can be found within the garage interior, but can only be seen by entering the Hidden Interiors Universe as only the keyboard can be seen from the vehicle modification view.
- If driving any train (Brown Streak or Freight) from Cranberry Station towards Yellow Bell Station, when the train passes under the TransFender garage (when entering the tunnel), the garage door will open. This can be heard and also seen in some cinematic point of views.
- The interior of the TransFender garage visually resembles Joey Leone's Garage in Grand Theft Auto III.