- "I'm ashamed to admit that one of the causes of our mutual problem appears to have been the loose tongue of a man I used to trust."
- ― Colonel Cortez
Treacherous Swine is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by retired army colonel Juan Cortez from his yacht docked in Ocean Bay Marina in Ocean Beach, Vice City.
After receiving a phone call from Cortez for a job, Tommy meets Cortez at his yacht. Cortez tells Tommy that Gonzalez, a man who Cortez has trusted for years, has now become incompetent and owes things to Cortez. He orders Tommy to kill Gonzalez and gives him a chainsaw, telling him that he will be rewarded.
Tommy goes to Gonzalez' apartment in Vice Point where Gonzalez is being protected by two members of Diaz' men. Once in the penthouse, Gonzales spots Tommy and attempts to flee. Tommy quickly chases Gonzales down and kills him, alarming the police in the process. Tommy drives to the nearest Pay 'n' Spray to remove his wanted level.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and kill Gonzalez
- Get into a vehicle
- Get to the Pay 'n' Spray in Vice Point
- Despite being given a chainsaw to kill Gonzalez, the player can kill him using any weapon.
- Gonzalez- Killed for being involved in the drug deal in the beginning of the game and for betraying Colonel Cortez.
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Summer Madness" by Kool & the Gang. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Fever 105 and is heard in Vice City's first trailer.
- Gonzalez' bodyguards have the same design as that of Ricardo Diaz' bodyguards.