- "I'm ashamed to admit that one of the causes of our mutual problem appears to have been the loose tongue of a man I used to trust."
- ― Colonel Cortez
Treacherous Swine is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by retired army colonel Juan Cortez from his yacht docked in Ocean Bay Marina in Ocean Beach, Vice City.
After a brief phone call, Tommy pays Colonel Cortez a visit in his yacht. Cortez talks to Tommy about Gonzalez, a man who has been his henchman and trusty companion for years now. It appears Gonzalez owes Cortez a few things, and he has now a great level of incompetency. He orders Tommy to kill Gonzalez, gives him a chainsaw to help him, and tells Tommy that he'll be rewarded.
Tommy goes to Gonzalez' location in Vice Point where Gonzalez is being protected by two members of Diaz' men. Once in the penthouse, Gonzales spots Tommy, freaks out, and runs outside. Tommy quickly chases and kills him, with the police getting alarmed. Tommy, now having a wanted level, quickly drives to the nearest Pay 'n' Spray to lose the cops.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and kill Gonzalez
- Get into a vehicle
- Get to the Pay 'n' Spray in Vice Point
- Gonzalez- Killed for being involved in the drug deal in the beginning of the game and for betraying Colonel Cortez.
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Summer Madness" by Kool & the Gang. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Fever 105 and is heard in Vice City's first trailer.
- Gonzales's penthouse later is taken by Alex Shrub, as seen in the mission Martha's Mug Shot.
- Even though Cortez gives Tommy a chainsaw, it is unadvised to use this against Gonzalez while he is escaping the hotel, as Tommy moves very slowly while carrying it. The player can change the weapons and use the Fist, run a little faster to Gonzalez' back, and kill him with the chainsaw, or doing a run-over.
- This is the first mission in the game, that the player receives a two-star wanted level. Like in every GTA III era game, the first time the player uses the Pay'n'Spray in a mission, it will be free.
- Hidden Package on the Northeast corner of the roof can be obtained without a helicopter in the moment before the cutaway when Gonzales runs to the street and makes returning to the roof possible only by aircraft. Change first at the first cutaway to fist or brass knuckles to speed to the package in time.