|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
A random email is sent to the GTA Online Protagonist from email@example.com, showing a black and white photo of an area to search for a clue to find an unspecified treasure.
The photo will be one of 20 locations picked at random. It will be marked on the map with a yellow question mark. The search radius for the initial search is very wide. The clue is a note, pinned to a rock, tree or other object, and will be within the area pictured in the photo sent to the player's phone. When getting closer to the clue, the sound of a metal wind chime can be heard. Upon finding this clue, the player will have three more clue locations marked on their map.
The player then has to visit three clues. The three set clues may be found in any order.
- A corpse clad only in underwear with a severe head injury in a small cave near a creek in the Tongva Hills.
- A bloody Shovel (clearly the murder weapon) in a wrecked building on the beach at Sandy Shores.
- An empty gun case at the base of a tree on Joad Lane in Grapeseed
After finding all three clues, the random location of a treasure chest will be marked on the player's map.
On arrival the player will find two more corpses, another shovel and a case marked with Boles Overland Stage Co. Opening the case will reveal the Double-Action Revolver.
- Double-Action Revolver 
Get 50 headshots (PvP or PvE) with the Double-Action Revolver to get the other two rewards. Headshots can be completed in missions or jobs allowing gunplay.
- An exclusive weapon unlock in Rockstar Games' forthcoming Red Dead Redemption II for Rockstar Social Club linked accounts.
Note: The treasure hunt can be completed by both online characters to unlock the weapon but the headshot challenge is combined across both characters so there will only be one $250,000 awarded per account.
1st Random Clue
Three Fixed Clues
- The email adress is a reference to Dutch van der Linde, one of the central characters in Red Dead Redemption.