- "We're at war! Take these boys over and whack the Triad Warlords! Hell, if you get a chance, pop some of their soldiers too!"
- ― Toni Cipriani
Triads and Tribulations is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Leone Family Caporegime Toni Cipriani from his mother's restaurant in the Saint Mark's district of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Claude goes to the restaurant, looking for more work from Toni. Claude finds a letter left on the table telling the task of getting rid of three Triad warlords and informing that they are officially at war. Toni has left 2 Leone henchmen to help Claude.
The first warlord is located in Chinatown, with Claude driving to the location and killing him and the Triads who are with him. The second warlord is standing near the pedestrian only walk part of Chinatown, seemingly alone. When the Triads spot Claude, they ambush him but Claude kills them and the second warlord. The third is located in the Fish Factory, Claude either enters via a Van that opens the gates, or used a grenade/molotov to destroy the third warlord
- 3 unnamed Triad Warlords - Killed by Claude.
- Numerous unnamed Leone and Triad henchmen - Can be killed in the firefight between.
|PC Version||iPad Version|
- After the opening cutscene for the mission, Triad members and Leone Family members will spawn in their enemy territory, leading to gunfights.
- As the player passes by the Chinatown area, a police scanner can be heard mentioning a gang war. However, unless the player fires a gun within a roaming officer's range, no police effort will be made to stop the gang war.
- This mission is similar to The Tail Bagging the Dogs from Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, whereas the player must eliminate several members of a gang.