|This article needs more images of:|
Current Design Gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|For other uses, see Tug (disambiguation).|
The Tug is, as the name suggests, a large industrial tugboat, which is by far the largest controllable vehicle in the game, boasting a huge and sturdy hull, and a three-story superstructure (including a funnel) with the bridge attached on the top (other portions of the superstructure are inaccessible).
The Tug is unique in having a rusty color and access ladders, each one leading to an upper floor. There are no doors on the bridge and the captain stands up in front of the steering wheel. The Tug boat has an obvious industrial use in GTA IV, and it is most likely used to move the large garbage boats dotted around the cities waters.
In The Lost and Damned, the Tug's front is extended a small bit. [ ]
Current Design Gallery
The boat is very large, and as expected for a vehicle of its size, is very slow, even more so than a Reefer. The Tug boat also possesses heavy control and very poor stopping power (due to the vehicle being a watercraft, coupled with its weight). Because of its obvious size, the Tug can easily flip other boats. Giving the fact it is on water, the Tug can take numerous impacts from explosives or rockets before it is completely destroyed.
Whilst on the Tug boat, the player cannot run, but the player may move faster if they aim with the pistol. Pressing the correct button to board the ship will also cause the player to automatically walk to the wheel of the boat. This vehicle can only properly contain one person in multiplayer (the driver), although others can still stand on the deck, however these players will lose some control of their characters. When the boat is moving, they will also begin to glide off slowly; if anyone stands at the front of the boat they will actually pass through the superstructure and see the water beneath. NOTE- It IS possible for passengers to safely ride the vehicle, but they will have to hang onto the side of the boat WITHOUT pressing X or Y, (Xbox 360 version) or X or Square, (PS3 Version)
GTA IV Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(Inboard / Outboard)
(Kg / lb)
Mass cannot be observed.
Olifantus is the name for a tugboat based on the Tug, appearing in Grand Theft Auto V. The design is unchanged from the Tug, with the exception of a different paintjob and the lack of the 3rd floor cab.
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Located in the water just west of Colony Island (between Colony Island and Algonquin).
- Located in a warehouse in Port Tudor (inaccessible, as in you can access it, but not drive it), it is well maintained.
- Located in the little channel of water that separates Tudor from Acter Industrial Park, near the dilapidated bridge.
- Located in the water north of Alderney State Correctional Facility.
- On console versions, if the Tug is on ground, there is a chance that it will cause severe lag. When this issue happens, it will last until the Tug disappears by leaving it with another vehicle or when the Tug moves back to the sea.
- If the player is in the water and they want to board the ship, one have to go in front of it and press "Enter Vehicle". Note that this will only work if the engine is turned off.
- Sometimes when the player starts the boat, the radio will delay turning on for about 3 seconds.
- If the player shuts off the boat's engine, then turns it back on, it sometimes will not make a sound. This also applies to some ground vehicles.
- In the mission Buoys Ahoy, when the player is chasing Dimitri's men, multiple Tugs are seen throughout the mission, unlike in free roam, where the Tug is never seen navigating through the waterways.
- In Port Tudor, there is a prop of the Tug, which it has a much cleaner bodywork than those the player can use.
- In GTA V, a wrecked version can be found on the seabed in Elysian Island.
- In GTA V, docked Tugs can be found around Port of Los Santos; not rusted, they are white and green. One in a covered dock and they are not able to be driven or used, but you can access the decks.