- "German manufacturer of luxury automobiles. Precision-engineered status symbols for rich people."
- ―Description at Bawsaq.com.
Übermacht (German for 'Predominance' or 'Overpower') (BAWSAQ: UMA) is a German automotive and heavy construction equipment company featured in the HD Universe of Grand Theft Auto. It is likely a parody of the German automobiles manufacturer BMW. The player can buy stocks from them in the Bawsaq.com website in GTA V.
Every Übermacht vehicle is derived from BMW designs, usually with different bumpers and grille, as opposed to BMW's trademark "kidney grille". The term Übermacht is German for "supremacy" or "superior", likely a jab at real-life BMW owners having a feeling of superiority over the other marques when driving. Just like Benefactor, the cars have modified versions, in reference to BMW's in-house tuning division, BMW M GmbH. The tuning division is known as "XS", which sounds like "excess", again a pun on BMW's over engineering . However, like Benefactor, most of the modifications are purely aesthetics. An Oracle ad parodying BMW's ad style is seen on billboards around Liberty City, including one at Star Junction.
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based on (HD Universe)||Notes|
The Oracle in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Oracle||Executive sedan||BMW 6 Series Gran Coupé|
The Oracle XS in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Oracle XS||Executive sedan||BMW 7 Series E65||Named Oracle in GTA IV. Renamed to Oracle XS in GTA V after the Heists Update.|
The Rebla in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Rebla||Crossover SUV||2003-2009 BMW X3|
The Sentinel in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Sentinel||Sports convertible|| BMW 330ci (E46) (GTA IV)|
BMW 335i Cabrio (E93) (GTA V)
The Sentinel XS in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Sentinel XS||Sports coupé||Based on the Sentinel.|
The Zion in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Zion||Sports coupé||BMW 645i Coupé E63|
The Zion Cabrio in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Zion Cabrio||Sports convertible||BMW M6|
- There is an advert for the Zion in Morningwood with the text "DISOBEY", and under it "The Design of Driving" which is a hint of its rivalry with Obey, which may be a parody of a billboard rivalry between BMW and Audi in Los Angeles around 2007. Another one is placed on top of a building in Downtown Vinewood, coincidentally placed in front of an Obey billboard.
- There is an Übermacht crane generator inside the Mile High Club construction site.
- The Oracle, Sentinel and Rebla represent the original BMW model lineups (7-series, 3-series, 5-series, and X-series). However, the 5-series based models are only found in the 3D Universe, namely the GTA VC and GTA SA renditions of the Sentinel.
- In GTA IV, the logo is seen as a diamond, but in GTA V the logo is seen as circular on cranes and billboards.
- The names of three Übermacht vehicles could be reference to the movie "The Matrix". The Oracle is a reference to the computer program that helps humans fight the machines, the Zion is a reference to the last human city, and the Sentinel is a reference to the machines the humans are at war with.
- The Zion and the Sentinel appear to be sister vehicles, the Sentinel appears to be a smaller version of the Zion and the vehicles share similar design cues. Similarly to the real life version, the BMW 6 series appears to be a bulkier, more luxurious BMW 3 series convertible.
- The Übermacht's slogan "The Design Of Driving" is a pun to the real-life BMW's "Sheer Driving Pleasure".
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Kraken • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • Progen • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Vulcar • Weeny • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|