|For the PS2 Version of this mission, see Under Surveillance/PS2 Version.|
- "My Police source indicates that the FBI has mounted a surveillance operation at key locations around the city. It is too late to contact anyone and avoid incrimination, so you must take out these spying cops, but be careful...they're bound to have back up."
- ― Asuka Kasen
Under Surveillance is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III.
Claude drops by Asuka Kasen's condo, and she introduces him to her brother Kenji. Asuka informs Claude that the FBI establishes a surveillance operation. The player is required to track down and eliminate three groups of surveillance crews waiting at different spots within 6 minutes and 30 seconds, but may deal with them at any order. They include:
- Two men on an island in the Belleville Park lake.
- Two men in a black Rumpo van in Torrington.
- Six men on the balconies of a skyscraper opposite Kenji's Casino in Torrington.
Firing or getting too close to the targets, will result in them firing back at Claude if he is in their sights. Once all targets are killed, the mission is passed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Take out the three groups of spies.
- The Rumpo used by the FBI in this mission has a unique jet black color. It cannot be seen as normal car on the streets, and matches other vehicles used by the FBI in both GTA III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- If Claude drives or walks below the building in Torrington, he can hear gunfire, but will not be hit, due to the angle to hit Claude. They can only hit him when he shoots snipers at them from Kenji's Casino.
- In the PS2 version of the game, Asuka does talk about Mafia and the subtitles match with what she says. In the PC version Asuka talks about the FBI and the subtitles don't match.