The Underwear Outfit is a gag costume, consisting of a pair of boxer shorts with hearts on them.
This outfit is given to Toni Cipriani in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories as a bonus prize for completing the first of the game's unique stunt jumps. It has no storyline use or benefit to the player except as a novelty item.
There are other occasions in which a player character can don underwear:
- In GTA San Andreas, Carl Johnson can remove his clothes in the wardrobe and remain in plain white boxer shorts only. Heart boxers can also be purchased from Binco.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, players can choose each of the characters underwear in the outfit section of wardrobe, Trevor Philips may be encountered in various random situations when switched to from another protagonist in which he is in his underwear for some reason.
- There is also a random encounter that may result in Trevor being left in white briefs.
- In the first mission of the Epsilon Program, Michael will be kidnapped by the Epsilon Program members and left in his underwear in middle of desert.
- In the mission "Did Somebody Say Yoga?", Michael De Santa is left on the street in only his underwear after his hallucinations.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the player uses a pair of gray and white sports shorts (male) or a black bikini (female) as a substitute for underwear. This can be seen when the player takes a shower in their apartment and when in a Tattoo Parlor.