The University of San Andreas, Los Santos (ULSA) is a university located between Richman Street and Picture Perfect Drive in Richman, Los Santos. ULSA is based on the real life University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and appears in Grand Theft Auto V.
The university was established in 1919 and consists of a small campus set in northern Los Santos and an annex located on Marathon Avenue in Morningwood. There are two unnamed buildings at the campus' main entrance which are likely either classrooms or administrative offices. Stylistically, one of these buildings is based on UCLA's Powell Library. There is a Training Center next to another unnamed building that is architecturally similar to UCLA's basketball arena, Pauley Pavilion, and finally, a track-and-field complex based on UCLA's Drake Stadium.
During the day time, a bell can be heard marking the start and end of class times and students as well as staff members can be seen walking around the campus. Security Guards can also be seen patrolling the campus or assigned designated areas to ensure the safety of the staff and students.
- Monkey Mosaic (east of the track)
- ULSA was first mentioned in the Grand Theft Auto IV series in a rant by talk-show host John Smith of the show "Conspire" on the WKTT Radio. Smith claims that Nazi scientists developing population control techniques ended up at the University of San Andreas, Los Santos after the Second World War. The program is heard in the DLCs (The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony).
- In Sue Murry's San Andreas Election Campaign video, the university's training center was used as a school called Los Santos Elementary.
- The location of ULSA almost mirrors its real-life counterpart, UCLA. They are both in affluent neighborhoods (ULSA is in Richman and UCLA is in Westwood), and are in the western part of their respective cities.
- The University's acronym, ULSA, sounds like "ulcer" hinting at another example of Rockstar's sense of humour.