Michael is called to the Epsilon Program building by Cris Formage to help him transport a load of "apocalypse funds" offshore to the Cayman Islands. Michael gives Cris a final donation of $50,000 and agrees to help move the cash. Michael is given charge an Obey Tailgater (in the Epsilon colors and with the license plate "K1FFLOM") which is loaded with duffel bags of cash. Michael travels in convoy with a single baby blue Landstalker to the drop-off point behind the Burton Los Santos Customs. There, the convoy is met by a Maverick prepared to take the funds.
The player has two choices as to how to conclude the mission.
- Michael exits the car at the drop-off point. He is greeted by an Epsilon member Jesse coming from the helicopter. Jesse, thanking Michael for his services, leads him down a nearby stairwell to a parking lot where he presents Michael with his reward, a rusty Tractor. Jesse worships the Tractor briefly, then scuttles away. Returning to the drop-off points reveals that all Epsilon vehicles have disappeared.
- At any point upon entering the Tailgater, Michael can flee the convoy. Michael can also choose to attack the Epsilon members collected at the drop-off point. With either choice, Michael will immediately become targeted by angry and heavily-armed Epsilon guards. Michael must evade or kill the guards on the ground as well as the now-following Maverick, all the while protecting the Tailgater. Once Michael has eliminated or escaped from the Epsilon guards and lost any resulting wanted level, the mission will end. Michael keeps the money in the Tailgater which totals $2.1 million.
If Michael choses option 2, after the mission ends, he receives a call from Cris Formage. Formage is irate and threatens to destroy Michael's life and career. Michael laughs at Formage and announces he's taken the money as a refund.
- Follow the cult convoy.
- Park the car in the marked area.
- Get out of the car.
- Follow the cult member. (Only if you don't want to betray the cult)
- Kill all the cult members. (Only if you want to betray the cult)
- Escape the police. (Only if you want to betray the cult)
Gold Medal Completion
- Cult Intervention - Kill all Epsilon security.
- Show me the Money - Steal the Epsilon money and escape.
Daily Globe Newspaper
(Only if you betrayed the cult)
"It has been a bizarre few weeks for the Epsilon Program. Reports indicate Epsilon's founder and leader, Cris Formage, has absconded amid accusations of a car theft ring and money laundering operation. Clearly Epsilonism is living up to its reputation as the "American religion". Mr. Formage had claimed to be close to completion of the great scriptural work of Epsilonism - The Epsilon Tract. Although now what happens to the religion, or the book without its founder, is a question we don't know the answer to".
(If you don't betray the cult)
Marnie Allen - "Kifflom, brother. You are now truly one of us and are ready to write the tract, which has already been written... WE WORSHIP KRAFF WHERE THE EARTH REACHES OUT TO THE 9Th PARADIGM."
(If you betray the cult)
Marnie Allen - "Kifflom. The ingratitude and self-centeredness of your actions is unforgiveable in my eyes but Kraff is not without mercy. To have a chance of redeeming yourself, you must write the tract, which was already been written... WE WORSHIP KRAFF WHERE THE EARTH REACHES OUT TO THE 9Th PARADIGM."
- This the first and only appearance of Cris Formage in GTA V, although he does appear in GTA Online.
- If Michael steals the money he will be branded by Cris as "the fertilizer of the 10th paradigm".
- If the player chooses to complete this mission using the second option, the radio station will always be tuned into Los Santos Rock Radio and the song Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) will always play
- In this mission, the nearby Los Santos Customs is closed.
- The unique baby blue Tailgater with custom plates can be kept after the mission, if the player chose to assault the guards and keep the money.
- Its most likely that betraying the Esilon Program was the canon choice, since both objectives for the gold medal requires the player to betray the cult. Also, the name of the mission, "Unknowing the Truth", seems like a hint that Michael would abandon the Epsilon Program in this mission.