Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Express your incredible individualism and stand out from the herd with The post ironic, artisanal, organic, entirely independent, 100% re-claimed “I’m Not a Hipster” Update now available for Grand Theft Auto Online. This new content update features new retro print tees, skinny jeans, hairstyles, tattoos, animal masks and more, as well as additional enhancements to general gameplay to ensure the world is constantly evolving."
- ―Rockstar Games Newswire
Rockstar Games has surprised us with a new update to GTA Online and Single Player- the "I'm Not a Hipster" Update.
Here is the change list:
- Six vehicles have been added to southernsanandreassuperautos.com: Benefactor Glendale, Benefactor Panto, Declasse Rhapsody, Lampadati Pigalle, Vapid Blade, Vulcar Warrener
- Ten existing GTA5 vehicles have been added to southernsanandreassuperautos.com. These include single player characters’ vehicles: Albany Primo, BF Surfer, Bravado Buffalo, Bravado Buffalo S (Franklin’s), Bravado Youga, Cheval Picador, Dundreary Regina, Karin Rebel (clean version), Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer (Trevor’s), Obey Tailgater (Michael’s)
- One new Premium vehicle has been added to warstock-cache-and-carry.com. This is a Rank-locked vehicle that unlocks at Rank 100: Benefactor Dubsta 6x6.
- Two new paint colors have been added to the Mod Shop in the ‘Metals’ category. They unlock at Rank 100: Pure Gold, Brushed Gold.
- A Pure Black window tint has been added to Mod Shops.
- Brown and pink tire smoke colors have been added.
- Two weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Antique Cavalry Dagger & Vintage Pistol.
- Four new jazzy vehicle horns have been added to the Mod Shops, including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive.
- Over 170 new clothing items, including new outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both Male and Female characters in GTA Online.
- Four new hairstyles have been added to the barber shop.
- 10 new beards have been added for Male characters.
- Eight new animal-inspired masks (four styles with two color variants of each) for both male and female characters have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks.
- 49 new tattoos have been added to the Tattoo Parlors for both Male and Female characters.
- Eight new individual player celebrations have been added. Seven of these can also be used as actions in-game via the Interaction Menu.
- Four new paired Celebration animations have been added.
- Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
- Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
- Fixed an issue where invites to Crew members were only being sent to the first crew member on the list.
- Vehicle Management has been added into Garages. Players can move their positions around by accessing the trigger inside their Garage.
- Fixed an issue where some 4 wheel drive vehicles had reverted to 2 wheel drive.
- Fixed an issue where weapons were always reverting to extended clips, even if a player was using a normal clip.
- A ‘Recently Played’ option has been added to the Host Job menu. Players will be able to bookmark jobs directly in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where Challenge mode was not paying out correctly.
- Fixed an issue where players could purchase insurance for a vehicle but it occasionally would not apply to the vehicle.
- Invincibility has been reduced to 2 seconds after respawning for all game modes.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to avoid paying insurance and Bad Sport rating increases by using the Tank cannon to destroy Personal Vehicles.
- When a player dies, they now have a chance to detonate any Sticky Bombs they had placed. They must be detonated as soon as the wasted screen appears or they will be deleted.
- Player names now show on the minimap when it is expanded.
- Tear Gas now does more damage and lasts longer.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for the game to freeze when starting Rooftop Rumble from the Job Selection menu.
- The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:
- New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
- Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
- Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
- 2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
- Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
- Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
- Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob
- The Mugger now drops at least as much cash as they have stolen from the character.
- Help text has been added to assist players in where to go when they want to pay off a fee for a Personal Vehicle that has been impounded.
- Unlocks in Ammu-Nation now have explanatory text to define how they are each unlocked.
- Information regarding player stats in coronas has been changed to show win/loss before the player’s name.
- An ‘Exit’ option has been added to the Mugger menu.
- Non-personal vehicles will now spawn near the player once they have completed a Mission.
- Bonus Job Points for being the Most Valuable Player in a Deathmatch are now shown in the celebration screen.
- On the Next Job Voting Screen, players who vote for Freemode are pushed out immediately when everyone else refreshes.
- The Replay and Refresh options are now taken into consideration for a majority vote. This fixed an issue where the Next Job Voting Screen was not progressing despite a majority of votes being cast.
- The default celebration animation has been changed to Salute. This animation may also play when a selected winning celebration cannot play.
- Contact Missions will now display the contact’s name next to the Job title in the lobby.
- The “Created By” field of the Next Job Voting Screen now shows if a job was created by a player on a different platform by displaying a Social Club nickname logo.
- Next Job Voting Screen now shows job sub-types (Land Race / Air Race / Sea Race etc.).
- The Friendly Lock On option from the Interaction Menu is no longer available when the player is on a Job.
- Quick GPS has been re-ordered so that the Clothes Store and the Mod Shop are at the end of the list.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to maximize their stats illegitimately.
- Fixed an exploit where players could launch cars into the air by driving into gates.
- Fixed several exploits where players were able to duplicate Personal Vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where a certain vehicle was invulnerable to bullets.
- Fixed an exploit where players could attack an Armored Truck and gain cash without gaining a wanted level.
- Fixed an exploit where players could repeat the same Bounty multiple times.
- Fixed several exploits where players were able to make themselves invisible.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to add any vehicle to their Garage.
- Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible
- Fixed an exploit where players could bring cars from Single Player to Online.
- Fixed an exploit where NPCs would not react when nearby NPCs were being pistol-whipped.
I abbreviated the 'All Changes' section, because it was too long. For the full list, visit here:
So, what do you guys think of it? I think it's a great addition. It's not heists, but it's great to see some new styles come into the game. Nothing says "Before it was cool" like a hipster sipping low cream coffee whilst listening to Radio Mirror Park in his Rhapsody after buying some new glasses and a vintage pistol from ammu-nation.
Tell me your thoughts on the update below!
Also, I apologize if this news update sucks, it's my first one. I didn't know anyone could do news articles until just now, so expect more from me next time something is announced!