|1 • 2 • 3|
Create next archive
Today is my 1000th edit!!! 6-26-13 Boomer8 (talk) 02:11, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
Blocked for a day
Hideous, unbelievable conduct on the Requests for Promotion board . Requesting that an administrator be demoted for inactivity may be valid, but posting a paragraph-long screed ascribing all sorts of malicious motives to him is completely unacceptable, especially for a patroller who should know better. Jeff (talk|stalk) 05:43, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
- While you're blocked, read up on GTA Wiki: Assume Good Faith and GTA Wiki: Civility. Jeff (talk|stalk) 05:49, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
- First of all, I believe this block is complete bullshit. I was just giving my own opinion on that demotion request. Winter Moon is inactive!!! And is just waiting for GTA V like he has for months. If you condemn that then I'll just do a couple edits a month to keep my staff position untill GTA V comes out. In that demotion request everything I said is fact - he's inactive, he isn't qualified to be an admin, he's just keeping an admin position from well deserving patrollers, ect. I am allowed to give my own personal opinion and for you to block me is unacceptable and very unfair. And I was assuming good faith. Review what constitutes good faith. I was not malicious, I did my best to get him demoted, and I did it for the best of the community and for others to apply for admin rights, and I am friendly, honest, and care for the wiki. By the way, I would appreciate it if you could put my vote back up for Winter Moon's demotion. Boomer8 (talk) 05:40, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Boomer you're working yourself towards a demotion.
- "He plays the system beautifully" is a personal attack
- "Does a few edits a month...just to keep his staff position" is assuming bad faith.
- "Just selfishly holding an admin position from a patroller who is active" is a personal attack. Also, so I may be absolutely clear, no patroller is entitled to an admin position, you need to get that line of thought out of your head and the sooner the better.
- "And I bet he won't even oppose his own demotion because he is so inactive" is a classic example of incivility that isn't a personal attack - it's just a completely unwarranted potshot.
- Your factually incorrect opinion that your block was "bullshit" demonstrates that perhaps you do not have the maturity to serve as a patroller let alone an administrator. I'm not filing for your demotion at this time, but if you'd made that post before you got promoted, I assure you that you would not have passed. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:49, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Boomer you're working yourself towards a demotion.
- "He plays the system beautifully" is an opinion. "Does a few edits a month...just to keep his staff position" is a fact. "Just selfishly holding an admin position from a patroller who is active" is an opinion as well. "And I bet he won't even oppose his own demotion because he is so inactive" is a fact, because he didn't oppose his own demotion. And I did not say a patroller is entitled to an admin position. I believe a patroller is entitled to a fair request, and have a chance of becoming an admin, rather than Winter Moon who I believe isn't quallified anymore to hold an admin position. I noticed that you took down my "redone" demotion request because you didn't like the alternative solution and thought that everyone wasn't "competent" enough to handle it. That is completely communistic and you just didn't like the way the votes were swaying. The truth is that everybody wants Winter Moon gone and you are unfairly not allowing it. Please put the demotion request back up and let the community vote, and not just you make the decision of who stays and who goes. Boomer8 (talk) 17:33, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
- And why are you all bringing this subject up on my talkpage? Boomer8 (talk) 05:40, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
It is possible to reach Liberty City, you can search for this on the internet, and I'm pretty sure this wiki has some articles floating around that discuss this specific topic.
Although I can't really speak for him.
RE: Liberty City
The way you spoke to Jeff last week was unacceptable, you're very lucky that he didn't increase your block or even demote you. Everything Jeff did was justifiable. I understand that you and some other users have an issue with Winter Moon being an Admin, but you have to understand that he earned that position, he's been around for quite a long time now, and it would be somewhat contradictory for me, Jeff or Dan to demote him for not making enough edits to fit your idea of activity - we've all taken breaks. You can't assume that the only reason he's editing so little is to maintain his position and keep it from someone else - you don't know him, you don't know what's happening in his life. Also I think you need to develop a better understanding of what an opinion is, my opinion could be that someone is a dick, but if I state that opinion, that is a personal attack. Opinions can be personal attacks. If you speak to another user the way you spoke to Jeff last week, you will receive a block, and you'll most likely be demoted. Tom Talk 11:14, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- You called his decision bullshit, you questioned his competence, and you referred to him as communist, or rather his actions as communistic - which by the way I don't think you fully understand, real communism is all about class equality, I believe you were implying he was a dictator. You can give your opinion, but you need to learn when it becomes more than just an opinion, think about things a bit more before you say it. Just learn from this and continue doing a good job. Tom Talk 09:56, July 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, Boomer8 is specifically forbidden from voting in or commenting on this request for demotion. Jeff (talk|stalk) 06:42, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
Ok I understand. Things gotta change, almost everyone in the Wikia think that at least one edit in a quarter of year not to be demoted is completely and exaggeratedly ridiculous. W.M did one edit yesterday answering a Dan's message. But if he keep doing few edits per month to keep his staff position than I don't know what it gonna be. Thanks for adding, i'll return the favor. --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 10:13, July 8, 2013 (UTC)
I'm getting really sick of this nonsense, so I'll be blunt.
The community has soundly rejected your proposal to demote Winter Moon, and now it is time for you to follow one of Wikipedia's policies.
Don't do this again. The bureaucrats have been more than patient with you, especially taking into account that you don't seem to understand the difference between an opinion and a personal attack. Jeff (talk|stalk) 22:50, July 8, 2013 (UTC)
"Please don't talk behind my back; if you have something to say, say it to my face." - I have had it with your attitude and you've had enough warnings and until now nothing has been done about it. Perhaps a week out will make you think about how you should go about things in future. You're blocked for week for bad attitude. Messi1983 (talk) 06:54, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
- If I was you I'd use this time out and think about how I go about things and talk to people in future. Calling my actions for the better of the wiki a disgrace is bad attitude. Saying if anyone has anything to say about you, they should say it to their face is bad attitude. This block is not a punishment, but rather a time out for you to reflect on a few things. You'll make things worse if you come back after a week and hold grudges against me or Jeff. We have done nothing wrong. I hope you'll see that. Messi1983 (talk) 07:03, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
After the plan that I talked on Ilan's talk page, I created it. Check out our new MoS - GTA Wiki:Manual of Style/Neighborhoods. I Hope you liked it. --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 17:49, July 21, 2013 (UTC)
I didn't excluded you. Before, I had a list with friends, and all the staff on the wiki was on the list. Now I only added close friends. We haven't chatted for months! I speak to Ilan and Mickey everyday, that's why I added them and a few more.Dodo8 Talk
Yeah, I find the PS4 attractive, but I don't know if it's worth the money. I bought my PC last year and it's still better than the PS4 which is not even released (the PS3 was high-end compared to PC when it came out). I'm using my money to buy GTA V Standard Edition, the other ones are too expensive, they are twice the prices I've seen i the USA. I'll just stick to PC gaming.Dodo8 Talk
- I like the keyboard and the mouse a lot more. I feel like they have more precision, but I might be wrong since I only played with the Xbox 2 times since I've got it...Dodo8 Talk