Twatts Sons should be T.Watts & Sons.
GTA Wiki Background
Hi! I'm bureaucrat of the Russian Grand Theft Wiki. I make edits on the English wiki just for the sake of interlanguage links. But every time when I open GTA Wiki, I pay attention to the background of your wiki. It doesn't look in the best way and it doesn't make your wiki better. I think It's good idea to search high-resolution picture of this background on the Internet. --
(Ех Рома Омич) 15:21, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
RE: GTA Wiki Background
I understand, the existence of different monitor sizes is a very big problem. And I solved this problem on Grand Theft Wiki: I added this code to the MediaWiki background script: background-size:100%;. But if you will add this code, you should search high-resolution picture of the background.
(Ех Рома Омич) 20:55, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
- I found big version of your background. Thanks to Photoshop you can delete logos.
(Ех Рома Омич)21:15, August 15, 2016 (UTC)#
D / Trivia
You may have had reasons for reverting my edit on the D page, but as I said in the edit description, on the PC version of GTAV shooting or running over D after the cutscene where he is set free will fail the mission. I have tested that myself.
Maybe D can be killed on console versions, but defintely not on the PC version. So the 'fact' stated in trivia is not entirely right, and needs to be updated. Doppelblind (talk) 12:59, August 17, 2016 (UTC)
- So we both agree D can't be killed at any point in this mission. I'm wondering why you just reverted my edit, you could have deleted the wrong statement, too. So I'm gonna delete it now, feel free to revert.
- Doppelblind (talk) 23:49, August 17, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding a page information discrepancy
Good day Tom, I have noticed a discrepancy between the pages for James Pedeaston and freejames.org: on the character article it is stated that Pedeaston was arrested in Bali on child molestation charges, but on the website it is stated that it was on drugs charges. I have not properly played Grand Theft Auto IV, so I am not certain as to the fact of the matter, so could you, if you know yourself, please correct the discrepancy? Thank you in advance.
I am posting this message since you have quite a few real-world maps created using the Wikia Maps feature. As you may know, the Wikia Maps extension is no longer actively supported.
Recently real-world maps stopped displaying properly (example) and very soon we’ll be running a script to remove those from all article pages, and eventually delete the maps altogether from the database.
I have enabled the MediaWiki Maps extension on this community, which is more well-suited to create real world maps. You can read about how the extension works at Help:Maps and get started creating maps at Special:MapEditor.
- -Sorry to butt in here. It sounds great that you have enabled the extension on MediaWiki, however as far as I am aware, we do not use real life maps. In fact, whenever I tried to create maps from images on the wiki (Grand Theft Auto maps), it simply didn't work, giving me numerous error messages (I am talking about 2 months ago), and this was literally 2 days before Wikia announced the maps are no longer supported - which was a shame in itself. With that said, I gave up on making maps. Also, I'm also very certain no maps appear on articles (images of maps do the job). I'm also tired of random users creating completely irrelevant maps and us Admins and Bureaucrats not receiving direct/clear notifications about the maps being created.
Hi LS11sVaultBoy, can I edit for the page Vietnam? Vietnam is my country so I think I could give this page some informations. Nguyễn Anh Lâm 13:12, August 30, 2016 (UTC)
Hey Tom. I wanted to ask you. Can I put whatever57010's videos on mission pages? I am asking, because I don't want to get blocked here for "Vandalism" by you. And it is my will to put those videos and he didn't say to put them here. - Indep (talk) 19:05, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
To Do List
Hey Tom. Just wanted to know if you want to help me cleanup and update the To Do Lists. We could do with adding the GTA Online VIP and CEO Mission pages to the list, as they need to be created (according to the navbox). Since you play GTA O more often, you might be able to help out with that as well. :) Mr. Ferrari (talk) 19:13, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
You timed that well. Five minutes to win it! We made it easy, the second that rocket left Xhaka's foot. I don't want Leeds in the next round, all due respect we'd kick your ass but I'd rather PL opposition so that we're not left with half the reserve team. I'd rather we'd not repeat that Sheffield Wednesday defeat. Probably won't mention Chelsea to Sam, always annoying to get comfortable and then throw it away. Leo68 (talk) 23:22, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
Just ask a thing: I just want to hear more information of this user User:Mantiix in GTA myths wikia. He just came to Candy Crush Wiki and then accused some users. Maybe you can come to chat there.
And message me here: http://candycrush.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Edwin91476
Should the article on the Yakuza be separated into:
- Yakuza (3D Universe)
- Yakuza (2D Universe)
Recently I edited the 100% completion checklist of Chinatown Wars because it lacks details of the PSP version.
And now the edits are gone, the article has gone back to the previous state.
Have you got the chance to know the cause?
[[User:Megaguyfan1|Megaguyfan1 (talk) 22:37, September 26, 2016 (UTC) Megaguyfan1]] (talk) 22:35, September 26, 2016 (UTC) Hello, I have edited Assualt rifle, Pump shotgun and Sniper rifle pages. Have you got any more contributions for me? Thanks. Nice meeting you.
Why did you revert my request to delete that page? It's obviously fanfiction as no sources are cited, nor did any of the people I asked on the gtaforums confirm that she was actually n IV. So why keep a page made by a user known for making fanfiction? Universetwisters (talk) 16:05, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Guy says that someone he used to be friends with reported him to Wikia Central claiming that he's using a fake account (his brother is also blocked because they share the same IP). Guy's emailed Wikia Central explaining the situation but isn't holding much hope of an unblocking. Sam Talk 22:50, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, curses! I was somewhat afraid that, given the amount of enemies he seems to be making, Monk would end up having something like this happening. I sincerely hope for his sake that the matter is resolved swiftly. If Monk's "friend" really is lying about the matter, I am fairly confident that Monk should be able to resolve the matter eventually, though I have no idea how long it might take.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 00:45, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Lemme guess, Guy's talking about me, right? Now now, even though I have proofs that he's not what he claims to be, I never talked behind his back or acted like a backstabber as he claims I am. And even then, what I'd do to him here on Wikia? I have no proofs of him being a fake here in Wikia, it happened in Facebook between me and him... AND I'm not the only one that have a strong suspicious against him... One more thing Guy, because I know you are going to see this... I have the right to know Andre's side of story, I believed in yours and only yours. I never questioned you, I've been loyal all this time... In case you're wondering why we're not friends anymore, it's because YOU TALKED BEHIND MY BACK AGAIN and this time I couldn't forgive you, especially after I asked you to make a video call... And you denied my request again... Wow, what a awesome friendship we had, I've always helped you, and you can't do this for me... Yeah, you tossed our 1 year long friendship to the garbage because you can't prove you are you... Funny XD General9913 Talk 00:55, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I am not going to comment too much, since I consider both you and Monk Friends, but I must say that just because someone does not wish to Video Chat, it does not mean that he is necessarily lying about his identity.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 02:40, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
- It's not just that. Yeah, I still wish we could be friends. I'm not gonna comment anymore because I'm not here to badmouth him, he's not here to defend himself. What I said before I said because he blocked me from his facebook, he said shit to me and blocked me right away, I couldn't even discuss our situation, how we would resolve this, why I'm talking to Andre again, because I always thought Monk overreacted and he knew that, so no surprise. I said I had nothing against Andre, and Guy knew that, I don't know why all this pandemonium... So yeah, I have my reasons to think he's a fake, yeah I'm not sure about it Konan, but I've seen strong evidence against him. By the way, I contacted Staff Sannse to help clarify this situation, I have nothing to do with his block. General9913 Talk 03:17, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I see. because of how little I actually know of this matter, I cannot comment further, but like you I hold no grudge against Andre, though I must say that he was somewhat rude in the messages Monk showed me and some of the messages he sent to me.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 03:50, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding edits to my User page
Good day Tom, I just wish to ask you to please use the new VisualEditor (using the Source Editor if you wish to edit the source code) instead of the Classic Editor when editing my User page unless you can bypass opening it in Visual mode (which the defaults to), as even opening the Classic Editor in Visual mode corrupts the source code on my page. Thank you.
Would you like to give Discussions a try on the GTA wiki?
I'm contacting you and the other admins to see if you are aware of Discussions, Fandom's new social feature? It adds a conversation platform to a wiki where users can talk about anything and everything related to the wiki's topic. What makes it different from the current forums you can enable through Special:WikiFeatures is that it works equally well on mobile and desktop, and that it can be a central part of your community's app.
Fandom plans to eventually retire the current forums and migrate all of their content into Discussions, making Discussions the primary conversation space on wikis. However, since you're using wiki-style forums on the GTA Wiki instead of Fandom's forum feature, Discussions would be a new addition for your community, not a replacement.
Do you think this is something you'd like to try? It would give your app users and mobile visitors a way to get involved in the community, talk and contribute, which they haven't been able to do before. Some of them may even turn from read-only visitors to active editors. Desktop users would have a way to discuss GTA from anywhere they go - they could take it with them on their phones. And, since you're not using the forums, you wouldn't have to worry about any current features you love disappearing, or any content on the actual wiki changing.
If you're still unsure about this, you can also check out the Discussions FAQ. You'll find many answers to questions there that other communities have asked us already. Feel free to check out how Discussions is working out for other communities, for example Fallout, Brave Frontier, or Destiny.
All you need to do if you'd like to have Discussions enabled is to let me know, and I'll do that for you. I'm here if you have questions, too! Mira Laime (help forum | blog) 21:25, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Did you have a chance to discuss enabling Discussions with the community? We've received some feedback from app users saying they'd really like to be able to talk about and connect over GTA in that way. Here's an example of that feedback: Play Store review.
- If you need more information, or if you're too busy at the moment and would like me to start a discussion on the Community Noticeboard myself, just let me know! Mira Laime (help forum | blog) 23:37, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Image Licensing
Thanks for reminding me about the photo licensing, I admit I forgot to put the license on a photo I uploaded but I promise that I will do better next time.
hi sorry for my english.i want to edit amanda de santa page an i dont know how.during hanf out with michael amanda told him several times she scare terover gonna kill her and her familly.cam you help me add this?Hameddostan (talk) 22:27, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
Creating a Userbox
Hello, I'm new to the wiki and I really like your userbox sidebar. I've tried to make one using the templates, but the banners don't appear underneath the yellow name at the top. How did you do yours?
I got your message. I'm not sure if you saw my reply. I appreciate your help - I managed to get the foundation of the userbox working, but I can't get it to stay at the left of the page like yours does. When I do get it to stay on the left, all my paragraphs move to the end of the userbox as yellow text! What do I do?
I plan to add a "tasks not required" section for 100% Completion in GTA IV. and I wanted ask you if you can check and see if I missed any tasks not required for 100% Completion in GTA IV? (User:MegasXLOHYEAH) (talk) 10/19/2016 4:51 PM
Oops! (Delete Request)
Sorry, could you please delete this page: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Templates:Signatures/Lachlan99? I meant to write "Template" rather than "Templates".
Thank you :)
Image deleting ASAP
HI I'M NEW HERE SO I NEED HERE.
Well I have been notice thing in GTA IV when the Niko Bellic (Нико Белић) is talking serbian, the accent is so horible that I can believe it! Why the Rockstar have take the decision to Niko Bellic is voiced by american who doesn't understand any serbian word and instead to choose a serbian guy from chicago to voice a Niko Bellic?