Hey, I added some spawn locations for some of the rare vehicles in GTA Online, but couldn't quite get the link button to work properly. Someone may have to go back through and add the proper links.LoneReaper115 (talk) 18:57, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
Alright, I'll be on it.
Also, I'm gonna log in (GTAO), in about an hour, will you be there by then?
Nah: I own a PlayStation 3...
It's OK, anyway. :)
Hi, I'm trying to delete a page and I don't see the option. I created a "Crews" page to give some details on how Crews work in GTA Online. It's a means to an end. My main reason is to give crews a place to host static information about their group. I've noticed that Rockstar's Social Club doesn't let "real" crews display anything about their crew's purpose and/or any guidelines. I figured this site would be the best place for it. Let me know if my thinking is off.
I created "FIB_Agency", but I want that one removed because it's not directly related to GTA. I did create a "Crews/FIB_Agency" page. So theortically; all Crews that want to have their own page would go under the "Crews/" structure. FergatROn (talk) 21:13, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
1 year anniversary
Congrats Tom! Just in time for the Myths' Wikis' anniverasry too, lol.
I noticed that many vehicle pages had the category Uncontrollable Vehicles, and I think I have fixed the issue, as the link to the Uncontrollable Vehicles category was missing the leading colon in the link ([[Category:Uncontrollable Vehicles|Uncontrollable Vehicles]] instead of [[:Category:Uncontrollable Vehicles|Uncontrollable Vehicles]]). I'm not sure if anyone else has inquired about or noticed the situation, but if they have, it should hopefully be fixed (as soon as Wikia updates list of pages). Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 08:39, November 15, 2013 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but I can't do that template. There's some coding that needs to be fixed, and I don't have enough time to do it because of school and homeworks. Could you ask someone else to do it? Dodo8 Talk 09:12, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
Don't worry, I will.
Sunday Morning new tomorrow.
Template and staff pic
The template looks very fine. And, I've been thinking of changing my staff pic. Can you please use this image :
Okay, I tried to upload my images with the image name fitting with the elements of the Image Policy, but it names them on the way my computer names them, and now I can't change them. Could you rename them for me, post haste? I'll try to fix this issue on my computer.
I was writing the post when you sent me that message. Then my laptop crashed and I had to re-write the post on my desktop.
Take a look at it. What do you think? :)
Tom, it was created, long before I made that request on the noticeboard. The idea occured on my mind a couple weeks ago.
- It's been running since May 4. I can't find anything about this in the noticeboard archives so I'm going to assume that it was set up without a vote. I've already removed it from the navigation bar and I'd like whoever set it up to delete the page. Tom Talk 00:49, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Understood. The Facebook page only has like five members and we do not frequent posts or anything on there. I'll get ahold of Ilan to delete it.
I might spend this weekend with my father, and he does not like me using his computer, so if I actually go with him, I'll do the SE tomorrow night.
Fine with that? If he doesn't pick me up, I'll post it tomorrow morning.
Done. Check it out!
hi im yuri slovik from russia can i be your friend? spasiba.
Epsilon Tract page
- It is Clearly a T-34. Not a T-72 nor the T-90. Please move back the page. The comparison image on the talk page is a very good example.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:18, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
I added a new template, but I probably didn't add it to the category page, or much else... because I'm not that familiar with editing. It's called Template:Sic DPwnr (talk) 09:23, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
GTA V: Airspace Guy Voice Actor
Do you have any idea who the voice actor is for the GTA V Fort Zancudo airspace controller is? I would really like to know because I can't find the voice actor anywhere. SniperKing1 (talk) 11:41, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Leaked Info
Good evening! I am administrator on the Russian GTA-Wiki. I want ask you to move the Russian wiki before Finnish in rating on your Main Page. Because we've already written 1,500 articles, we want to overtake the French wiki and we are very hurt that we are after the Finns on your wiki. Thank you! - Рома Омич (talk) 19:08, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Here are the news.
Platform Spectulation for GTAV
Hello, i have noticed on the Grand Theft Auto V page that there are TBA dates listed for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC platforms. Originally on this wiki i heard of a condition that extra platforms would be added once they where announced on said platforms. Do you think this addition should be removed? YokelBellic (Talk) (talk) 18:57, December 2, 2013 (UTC)
Uptown Riders spelling
Sorry to bother you again, i have a question regarding the Uptown Riders page.
In GTA V franklin has some clothes that are labeled "Uptown Ryders" and not "Riders" like stated elsewhere. Do you think this is the official name and the page should be changed or do you think it is a developer oversight? YokelBellic (Talk) (talk) 23:00, December 3, 2013 (UTC)
OK. I understand.
I actually prefer this way of making the news.
After thinking about it for a while, I agree with the idea that we should post the news only one time per week. About the sandbox pages, alright, we could create a sketch or draft sandbox pages to post ideas or write few sections during the week, then carrying it in the blog post. It'll be very supportive. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 21:32, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
Masih de santa
- I've seen the messages he sent you. I'm starting to think he's under 13. But anyway, I think 6 months is excessive so I've reblocked him for a month. When handing out blocks make sure to follow policy. Tom Talk 17:31, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
Whassup homie? Just wanted to ask you: what's your fav car in GTA V? Mine is Bison and Pounder :)
I couldn't use my internet connection this weekend, because of some idiot who cut off the antennae in my building.
The issue has been fixed, now, thankfully. Seeing as over these past weekends, there have been some problems with my internet connection/family problems, and as I have got more time to post the news Monday, we can move forward with this idea of yours.
I've posted yesterday's news, and as of now, we can only focus on the Monday releases.
It's alright, I'll start using it. By the way, I created an Archives page for the news here. And another thing, does Mikey accept that we should publish the news only one time per week? If yes, we could start doing it starting from the next Monday. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:35, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
- No. I doubt he's over 13 for one, and he's had enough chances. Tom Talk 17:51, December 18, 2013 (UTC)
So, putting the cards on the table, should I write the for the next Monday 23th and Mikey for the 30th? And, the sandbox seems to be very cooperative, it helps a lot. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:17, December 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Understood, but who's going to post the blogs on Mondays? --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:26, December 19, 2013 (UTC)
- The guy is Funny level professional. What I actually wanted to do was taking a photo of the profile showing the 10000 edits count. But when I was by 9999 edits, I edited a page about a mission in GTA San Andreas + I uploaded a file, which resulted to 10001 edits. Massive fail. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:47, December 19, 2013 (UTC)
- There are a few people who would have a chance, but it depends on who would apply. Tom Talk 10:44, December 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Before thinking of promoting patrollers can't we just put an end in the opening section of the community noticeboard and promote a new admin? I think Istalo is a little bit inactive because I have to agree with him, high schools in Brazil are so freaking hard, he does an edit when he has time to. Smash and Doc are very good editors, I'm stuck between them. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:43, December 20, 2013 (UTC)
Stoner Cement Works???
Hey man! Smashbro8 here! It looks like someone deleted your picture on the Stoner Cement Works page. Do you need the picture back up on the page or was it purposely deleted for other reasons (i.e. image policy)?
- Again, sorry for a late message; anyways, I've simply taken a short break from Wiki-editing (at least on here). But, I'm back, mostly to re-start my work on several character pages, and resume my work on GTA V's page, in order to make it a Featured Article. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 17:24, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
Damn, what a mess! I thought today was Monday, so I accidentaly posted a blog post about the news here. Can you delete it please? Thanks :P --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 22:02, December 22, 2013 (UTC)
Could you explain the blocks you issued User:GrandTheftEditor and his other account? I get the using two accounts thing but I don't get the initial block you gave him. Tom Talk 18:56, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah I see. I also didn't realise he'd removed warnings from his talk page. Most of his edits were to pages that he created though, some users feel that if they create an article it's theirs and they don't like other users making additions. But he broke enough rules to earn himself a month ban. Thanks for explaining. Tom Talk 19:25, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
RE: New Admin
Hey man! Smashbro8 here! I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!! I may not be online tomorrow so, before I forget, I wanted to wish you and other editors a Merry Christmas! Enjoy your day tomorrow! Smashbro8 (talk) 03:08, December 25, 2013 (UTC)Smashbro8
I've looked through his Special:Contributions/GrandTheftEditor, yeah most of his edits were decapitalizing section titles, but I've seen some good edits. Plus, I didn't like how you and Cloud told User talk:GrandTheftEditor about his edits and removing warnings. Maybe telling him "don't do it again, please", rather than saying "do it again and you will be blocked forever"; telling him this in this manner is going to make the "vandal" question your motives and evaluate his edits and see that they cause no harm. Also, the sockpuppetry part, I agree, how are New Wikiers are able to know about this? I mean, on most wikis, they won't even include the rules and policies when they leave you an A.M. when you do your first edit. Wikiers will even probably think that there are no editing and/or account rules.
- I've had a proper look now - after seeing his reply - and I'm reducing his block. He makes some very valid points and I think you need to be a bit lenient with new users. His edits weren't "bad", I mean Ilan spent a while capitalising some subheadings, people are taught differently, that wasn't "wrong" necessarily. His initial edits were creating articles and doing some decent work, a few slip ups but nothing that constituted issuing a warning. Not every user is familiar with the rules, that's why we give them warnings. I agree with Tony, you and Cloud didn't handle the issue well, I don't think you looked through his edits and saw that he was mainly editing pages he created. In future help him out, give him a little advice, don't issue warnings for little things like that. He read the warning and removed it - that's against the rules - so tell him that, he doesn't know that - blocking him for that is just wrong, and Cloud saying "I don't know what your problem is" is very unprofessional. The 3 day block for removing content from pages is ludicrous when you consider what he was actually doing. Tom Talk 11:06, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
Question about naming
What should I name the page that I'm creating? http://i.imgur.com/0VVle3b.jpg should it be the full name of the center, or just the Parsons Rehabilitation Center? Snugeez (talk) 08:07, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Is there anyway to remove the, " added by snugeez " caption under the picture here? http://i.imgur.com/CJNjGfD.jpg
Thanks for improving my edit on "Carjacking". I hope that you and many of the others will continue to improve this wiki. I am not a good english speaker because I'm a Filipino. Sincerely yours, --RuthlessSherm (talk) 13:00, December 29, 2013 (UTC)RuthlessSherm
Epsilon Program (3D Universe)
Hey LS11sVaultBoy! It's Smashbro8. Can you unlock the Epsilon Program page for me. I need to make a quick edit on the page. Thanks!
Leone crime family cleanup and construction
Hi there, long time no see btw XD. Just wanted to drop by and report that Knockbride guy. He writes useless pages which simply need to be deleted. Jeansowaty 13:13, January 6, 2014 (UTC)Jeansowaty
I already created the post. I thought the sequence was: Thomas --> You --> Me...But now I saw you already created the post as well.
Hello there i wanted to tell you thiat I was playing GTA 5 and had just finished the game.I went inside Fort Zancudo through the back entrance and a rare event happned,I entered the base on foot and killed the guard and made my way to the parking lot next to me and stole a barracks semi while being shot at,I only had less than quarter my health and while a was driving the Military Cargobob had landed and I was shocked,I stole it quick saved and then flew off and coudn't be shot down because the cargobob had landed next to the edge off the base,getting away was the hard part,I was forced to use cheats because the police mavericks are too fast.one done I landed onto my Helipad and saved it and that was a rare occurance since the chances of obtaining the Military Desert Camo Cargobob is one in a million since it flies around the base,I don't know waht happened but when i stole it I remeber seeing a man running out of it,he was probably afraid of the gunfire and landed then ran out,I was truky shocked,thank you for your time.
I came across the article:[Characters in Multiple GTAIII Era Games], i think this page needs renaming to 3D Universe from GTAIII Era, if this could be fixed i'd appreciate it. YokelBellic (talk) 03:18, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
Page Needs Unlocking
Hey LS11sVaultBoy! Smashbro8 here. Can you unlock this page for me? I need to edit it quickly.
Hey sorry for repost but it got bunched with something random but can you add my page bac or tell me why it was marked as spam??
I won't be so active until the end of the 8th grade (June). We have 2 big exams, if we get bad grades, we won't be able to apply for a good high school. I'm doing extra classes on Tuesday and Thursday, I wake up at 7 AM and I'm coming home at 6 PM (11 hours at school). After school I can't use the computer because I'd have to learn for the next day. At weekends, I have a lot of homework which takes me about 4 to 5 hours to finish. If you consider I'm not active enough, I respect your decision. But please believe that I'd be more active if I could. Cheers. Dodo8 Talk 10:21, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe. As I said, I can visit the wiki 5 days a week, but not more. I'm not tottally inactive, but you have to understand that if I get promoted, I won't be able to do much until school ends. I wouldn't mind if Thomas wins, he deserves it. Dodo8 Talk 10:33, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
Hello! I want raport that about 90% of photos on page is deleted! What is happening?
Wiki News Custom Banner
Hello again VaultBoy,
A belated happy 2014 to you! Just wanted to let you know we've been enjoying the Wiki News blog posts you've been doing, and wanted to see if we could help you out at all. Specifically, we wanted to see if you'd like to have our design team make a custom banner image for the posts. It could say something like "GTA Wiki News" and we could use Thomas, Mikey, and your avatars in the image. That's just a suggestion though, if you're interested, please let us know what you'd like and we'll get cracking on it!
Sorry this took so long, our design person was caught up with some other projects. We figured you could put this banner above the Admin avatar images underneath it. Anyways, let me know if you'd like any changes to me made or need anything else!
If possible, please go to the Cheetah page (the car not stripper) and go down to "HD Universe" and look for where it says "the Cheetah aslo resembles the Ferarri FXX" and fix the link to the wikipedia page on the Ferrari FXX. I couldn't get it correct when I added. But if you click the little 1 in parentheses it still brings you to the Ferrari FXX wikipedia page. Thanks,
Can you send me the text from project sa or is it gone??
When blocking a user make sure to check if they've received a block before. That guy was blocked for a week previously for the same thing, so his second block should be a month. Tom Talk 21:04, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Replying to your message like it was when you congratulated me when I became a patroller back in March 2013, :D
Anyways, thanks a lot man, you were one of my biggest helpers since I joined here. And about the signature, well, it's strange but I hope I will get accustomed soon. Cheers, comrade! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:12, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- The keeping working part made me laugh so loud. Time passes by, it feels like it was years ago but actually it's nothing but 10 months. ;) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:21, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry. I wasn't aware it already existed. I clicked a link to the Los Santos Stage Gas company and thought it didn't exist because it said "you're creating a new page". So I "created" the page with the info I had. When I searched "Los Santos State Gas Company", nothing came up. TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 20:24, January 17, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2
Today, a new subsidiary Wiki of the GTA Wiki has been created. The new, hereafter extravagant GTA Songs Wiki.
The Wiki is about all the songs around the radio stations in the GTA series, it's hard to me to build this Wiki alone, so I'm inviting you to help a little bit, step by step, brick by brick.
I'm trying to create a Wiki, bringing articles to an identical look-a-like method. They are actually very short. The songs infoboxes should contain the name, image (offcial album cover), size, artist, radio stations, game, year and genre. The header section should look like this: Example is a song performed by Artist Example featured in the radio station [[Example]] in GameExample. The sections are the following :
- Lyrics - you can pick one from the internet, include the <center> at the top and bottom from the section and don't forget the colons (:). Remember to keep 20 free lines between the header section and the lyrics section.
- Trivia (optional) - If the song can be listen during a cutscene (example : Arab Money).
- Video - The best video you can find about it on Youtube.
This is an optional invite, I hope the Wiki will turn up extremely amazing in few months, just like the GTA Myths Wiki did.
Anyways, I'll ask the bureaucrats if the Wiki can become an affiliate when stronger.