|For the Contender-based utility van, see Utility Van.|
The Utility Truck has a large main chassis, and is based closely on the Stockade. It appears in 4 different models. Despite having totally different shapes, sizes and additions, they all come under the same name and type of vehicle. Due to its front fascia being based on the Stockade's, it is most likely based on an International 4700 Series.
Note that it is one of the vehicles that is unable to be modified at Los Santos Customs.
Current Design Gallery
A large version, essentially the same as the Stockade exists. It is a large truck with the same front featured on all variants, and includes large boxes and sometimes roof-racks with loaded pipes on the roof.
This variant is a low-roofed variant of the Big Box variant. It contains the same containers, but misses out on the top ones. It also features a tail lift. It sometimes spawns with pipes, cable and pipe reels, and wheel barrows.
This variant is a completely flat variant of the truck. It has no sides and is equipped with several wood boards tied down to the bed of the truck.
This variant is a basic Cherry Picker. Unlike the other two cherry picker variants, it features removed rear bumper fascia and is completely rear-less, other than the main bed that the crane is placed on.
This is the same cherry picker with a larger back, along with the rear bumper fascias, and taller side walls on the rear, around the crane deck.
The last variant of the Cherry Picker. This version is the same as Cherry Picker 2, except it lacks the side walls, but keeps the rear bumper fascias.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Utility Truck is a good truck to pick for both good speed and good durability. While it isn't like a Phantom or Packer, it is still worthwhile. It has an average acceleration, and an alright top speed. Its engine and fuel tank aren't largely exposed unlike other trucks in the game, making it a good pick for ramming into vehicles.
It is powered by a massive 8000cc (8L) engine, according to the badges, and is modeled as Inline 4 engine, turbocharged. It provides a large amount of power for the truck to accelerate and maintain good speed, even when crashing.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||71 / 115 (handling.dat)||
8000cc (8L) Turborcharged (Badging)
7500 / 16535 (cherry-picker variant variant)
|19.3 Seconds||74 / 119||
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Found near the oil derricks.
- Found in industrial areas.
- At the Los Santos International Airport.
- Spawns on Mountain View Drive in Sandy Shores next to the Sandy Shores Medical Center.
- Michael drives off in a cherry-picker variant after completing The Paleto Score.
- Spawns along the Great Ocean Highway (enhanced version).
- Spawns in Paleto Bay (enhanced version).
- Spawns in Mission Row (enhanced version).
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Rarely spawns in industrial areas.
- Commonly spawns in Paleto Bay and on the Great Ocean Highway in the enhanced version.
- After downloading the Heists Update, the Utility Truck spawns for frequently than in previous versions.
- The front fascias are glitched, after crashing numerous times, the player will notice how the grille will be floating in mid air, not deforming with the rest of the front fascia.
- Sometimes, throwing a Sticky Bomb on the sides of the hood will result in the Sticky Bomb disappearing while hitting it.
- The Cherry Picker crane will glitch through the ground if it is rolled onto its roof.
- The vehicle bears either a Nowinsky Construction Corp. or a Jonny Shapiro Gas Specialist logo.