|For the Stockade-based Utility Truck that shares the same name in GTA V, see Utility Truck.|
The Utility Van and Utility Truck are utility pickup trucks in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto V. It is manufactured by Vapid in the HD Universe. The GTA V version is technically called as the Stockade-based vehicle, but it's appearance is more reminiscent of the pickup-like vehicle in GTA: San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas
The Utility Van in GTA San Andreas resembles a GMC GMT400 work truck from the 1990s. The engine is definitely a diesel because of the slower shifting and deep sound, and it could very well be a V8 that is obviously underpowered to pull a heavy truck like that. It drives somewhat like a semi truck. The Utility Van is one of three vehicles in the game bearing a Sanitary Andreas logo, the other two being the Sweeper and Trashmaster.
In GTA V, the Utility Truck is based closely on a Contender, and has a large rear pickup section, often filled up with wheel barrows, tools and boxes. Its main inspiration seems to be the Ford F-250 - F-450 "Super Duty" chassis, using the appropriate utility-box accessories seen on commercial variants. Sometimes, the van may spawn with a wheel-barrow in the back, though it isn't interactive in anyway. The Utility Truck can come with different company signatures and names on the door panels and has patches of rust on its body and black exhaust emits from the vehicle when idle or shifting gear.
Current Design Gallery
Version History Gallery
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help GTA Wiki by |
The Utility Van does not have very good driving attributes, as it has a rather slow acceleration and top speed. This is probably because it is a very heavy vehicle. The braking is probably one of the Utility Van's best attributes, as it is above average.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||115 / 185 (handling.dat)||
3500 / 7716 (handling.dat)
|21.4 Seconds||70 / 113||
Mass cannot be observed.
GTA San Andreas
- The Utility Van is usually found near airports or industrial areas in the state and is commonly seen around Easter Bay International Airport.
- Found near the oil derricks.
- Found in industrial areas
- Found around Cypress Flats, and sometimes also in La Mesa. Spawns more commonly on single player.
- Commonly found all over the Los Santos International Airport. (more common on PS4/XB1.)
- Spawns on Mountain View Drive in Sandy Shores next to the Sandy Shores Medical Center.
- Spawns in the parking lot after completing Three's Company.
- Rarely spawns in industrial areas.
- The default radio stations for the Utility Van are:
- GTA San Andreas: K-Rose.
GTA San Andreas
- Strangely, it shares the same front half as the Towtruck and Benson.
- Despite the name Utility Van, it is actually a modified pickup.
- There are 2 vehicles (the other one being the Stockade-based vehicle) under the name of Utility Truck, and 4 variants of the Stockade-based Utility Truck.
- When looking at the rear axle, the player may notice that the axles from each wheel aren't connected to the drivetrain at all, a possible drawing error.
- The front stone deflector in the front bumper is not visible in first person.