- "Combines compact design with a high rate of fire at approximately 700-900 rounds per minute."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the Micro SMG appears as a full-size Uzi. In Grand Theft Auto V, a smaller variant of the Micro SMG appears as the Mini Uzi. In Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Advance, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, the Micro Uzi appears instead, an even smaller version that lacks a stock.
- "Extremely popular on the streets."
- — GTA Vice City Website.
In GTA Vice City, Vercetti Gang members carry Micro SMGs after the end of the game's storyline. The Micro SMG is also one of the first weapons used by the player.
In GTA San Andreas, the Micro SMG has two magazines taped together for easier reloads. The Micro SMG shares the same skill slot as the Tec-9. When Hitman skill level is reached, it can be dual wielded, doubling the player's round count to 100. The Micro SMG is commonly used by the Ballas, Varrios Los Aztecas and Da Nang Boys gang members.In GTA IV, the Micro SMG has a 50-round magazine capacity (even though the model shows the dimensions of a 32-round magazine). The weapon has a very limited range, similar to that of the Pistol, and will kill multiplayer enemies with about 5 headshots or 10-15 bodyshots. It is one of the weakest weapons in the game, and should only used in close quarters combat and drive-bys because of its incredible rate of fire.
- "Legendary design classic, darling of special forces the world over, or simple entry-level sub-machine gun? ... Let your target decide."
- — Description in GTA Chinatown Wars
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Micro SMG has a 50-round magazine capacity and deals a good amount of damage, however it has very limited range. The MP5 outclasses it in range and damage, but not magazine capacity.
In GTA V, the Micro SMG has one of the lowest magazine capacities of any automatic weapon, holding only 16 rounds (which can be extended to 30 rounds). Unlike previous models, its stock is always extended.
GTA V Overview
The Micro SMG deals the lowest damage in its class, dealing only 21 damage per shot. This low damage profile is a large drawback, making the Micro SMG easily outclassable by other weapons. However, the fire rate is one of the highest in the game, at 600 rounds per minute.
The Micro SMG has mediocre accuracy: viewkick is high in first-person view, and so is spread in third-person view. It is advised not to use the weapon at long range, as the player will likely miss more shots than not.
The magazine capacity combined with the high fire rate makes reloading frequent. The Extended Clip attachment is a recommended purchase to reduce the risk of having to reload combat.
The Micro SMG shares the same attachment selection as most other submachine guns. As mentioned above, the Extended Clip boosts magazine size to 30, making reloads less frequent. The Silencer is an effective attachment due to the already low damage per shot, making the damage nerf less noticeable. The Scope is a good replacement for iron sights in first person view, and the Flashlight can help the player illuminate areas at night.
The Micro SMG is the only submachine gun available for drive-by shooting. It is, however, outclassed by the AP Pistol which has higher damage, accuracy and magazine capacity.
In conclusion, the Micro SMG is an average weapon, with low damage but effective fire rate. It is mostly effective for short-range combat and drive-bys, though it is easily outclassed by various other weapons.
|Rate of fire
(Rounds per minute)
(Time taken to reload)
|Damage per shot||Effective range|
Customization (GTA V)
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by |
Requiring improvement: Next-Gen and Online Prices
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Rounds (32)||$20||(Rank 5)|
|Default clip (16 rounds)||Default||Default|
|Extended clip (30 rounds)||$342|
|Flashlight (provides ilumination when aiming)||$475|
|Scope (expands field of view)||$1,372|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||$1,937|
|Army||$100||$5,000 (Kill 100 players)|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7,500 (Kill 200 players)|
|Orange (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||(Kill 400 players)|
|LSPD||$600||$5,750 (Kill 600 players)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7,500 (Rank 50)|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$10,000 (Rank 75)|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$12,500 (Rank 100)|
- Harwood, Portland Island - At the corner of the concrete embankment just northeast of the car crusher at the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard.
- Saint Mark's, Portland Island - In one of the backyards running along an alleyway. From Momma's Restaurante, go south to the next block and turn left into the alley right next to a shop with a green awning. Once inside the alley, head east then turn left at the third opening (near the police bribe). Turn east and you will see the weapon next to a hidden package.
- Red Light District, Portland Island - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $800 after completing Cipriani's Chauffeur.
- Trenton, Portland Island - On top of Liberty City Sawmills (near the large teal rooftop on the west side), next to a body armor pickup. Walk along the very low wall near the bus station, and jump over the sawmill wall. Then go over to the large mound of sawdust to gain access to the rooftop.
- Newport, Staunton Island - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $800 after completing Last Requests.
- Spawns at each safehouse after collecting 20 Hidden Packages.
- Used by the Leone Family during Big'N'Veiny and Espresso-2-Go!.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ocean Beach - Behind the Ocean Beach Pay 'n' Spray inside a fenced area, reachable on foot.
- Washington Beach - Near the front of the tall apartment building with a swimming pool.
- North Point Mall - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $400 from the start of the game.
- Prawn Island - On the front porch of the Mendez Mansion.
- Downtown - Under the stairs that lead to the rooftop of the Skumole Shack, just northeast of The Greasy Chopper.
- Used by SWAT Team Officers, Vercetti Gang members (once the storyline is completed) and the Vice Squad.
- Available to purchase from Ammu-Nation for $800.
- Spawns at every safehouse after collecting 20 Hidden Packages.
GTA San Andreas
- Ganton, Los Santos - Underneath the bridge that connects Ganton and East Los Santos.
- East Beach, Los Santos - On top of a building along the crooked uphill road that leads to East Los Santos and Los Flores.
- Angel Pine, Whetstone - Behind the easternmost trailer in the trailer park.
- Doherty, San Fierro - Beside the Doherty Garage after photographing all 50 Snapshots.
- Esplanade North, San Fierro - On Pier 69, behind the building where a Well Stacked Pizza store is located.
- Verdant Meadows, Bone County - Inside a destroyed plane, in one of the cylindrical parts.
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - Behind a dumpster in the alley behind the Redsands West Safehouse.
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $500 after the completion of Doberman.
- Used by Ballas, Varrios Los Aztecas, and Da Nang Boys gang members.
- Used by enemy gangs during Gang Warfares.
- Used by the SWAT.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Chinatown, Portland - Next to a diner under the Callahan Bridge and the El-Train tracks.
- Red Light District, Portland - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $600 upon completion of Don in 60 Seconds.
- Newport, Staunton Island - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $600 after completing Driving Mr. Leone.
- Cedar Grove , Shoreside Vale - Underneath the bridge leading to Pike Creek.
- Swat Team Members - Killing them will cause them to drop their gun.
- Used by the Colombians, Yakuza (PS2 only) and Southside Hoods.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Downtown - On the roof of a small building accessible by stairs, north of The Mendez Building.
- Downtown - Available at the Ammu-Nation store from the start of the game for $600, but discounted to $450 after completing Phil's Shooting Range.
- Vice Point - Next to a jetty where a Violator spawns. The Micro SMG is located just across the Leaf Links Golf Club.
- Used by Swat Team Members, the Vice Squad, Bikers and Sharks.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- Can be purchased from the back-alley gun shops after the mission Do You Have Protection? for $1,200, with each additional magazine costing $100.
- Can be purchased from Little Jacob for $840, with each additional magazine costing $20.
- Beechwood City, Broker - Can be found in the alley behind the Homebrew Café on Dillon St.
- Francis International Airport, Dukes - Can be found under the Broker-Dukes Expressway, coming from Beechwood City.
- Steinway, Dukes - Can be found on the third floor of an unfinished building on Concord Ave, overlooking Steinway Park.
- Charge Island - Can be found on the left side of the pier behind the boat dock on the northwest side of the island.
- Star Junction, Algonquin - Can be found on the edge of a large planter behind the Majestic Hotel.
- The Exchange, Algonquin - Can be found in an alley between Bismarck Ave and Albany Ave near the Goldberg, Ligner and Shyster building.
- Happiness Island - Can be found within the guard booth on the western pier.
- Booth Tunnel - Can be found in the third cross-tunnel, nearest Alderney.
- Westdyke, Alderney - Can be found behind a Cluckin' Bell billboard off Beaverhead Ave.
- Alderney City - Can be found on top of a Liberty State Delivery tractor trailer in a truck lot on the west side of the Plumbers Skyway.
GTA: Chinatown Wars
- Can be bought from AmmuNation.net for $350 after completing the mission Pimp His Ride.
- Can be found in numerous red dumpsters around the city.
- Used by members of all gangs.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be bought at any Ammu-Nation store for $850.
- Can be found underwater, between containers of a sunken ship near the NOOSE Headquarters.
- The GTA III version of the weapon features an orange tip on the muzzle, a feature usually reserved for toy weapons. This might imply that Ammu-Nation paints the muzzles of its Micro Uzis before selling them. Since real life criminals often disguise their weapons by painting the muzzle orange, that explanation might be legitimate.
- The full-sized Uzi was originally intended to be featured in GTA San Andreas. Beta screenshots of the game show the Grove Street Families gang members performing a drive-by with the beta appearance of Big Smoke, Sweet Johnson and Ryder without his hat and sunglasses. The gun was left out for unknown reasons, although the firing animation for the Micro SMG from GTA Vice City was used for the MP5. The final version of the game features a Micro Uzi instead. As seen on certain screenshots, Carl Johnson can be seen dual-wielding the gun, suggesting that it would share its skill level with the TEC-9.
- The Mini Uzi also appears in Max Payne 3, another Rockstar Games title.
- The GTA San Andreas HUD icon resemble the MAC-10 from GTA Vice City instead of the SMG in-game model.
- In GTA V, one of the artworks shows Trevor firing with a beta Micro SMG. This one uses a semi-curved stock. Moreover, an usued model found in the game files depicts the weapon with a shorter stock.
- In GTA V, Trevor, Franklin and the Online Protagonist will always fire the Micro SMG from the hip unless the Scope attachment is bought. Michael, however, will always properly shoulder the gun, even without the scope.
- If the player aims from cover, the stock will be unfolded and the character will shoulder the gun. After firing the first bullet, though, the stock will get folded by itself, but the character will keep firing the gun from eye-level (only happens without the scope attachment).
- On the PC version of GTA IV, the Micro SMG is held with one hand on the handle and one under the muzzle, while on console versions it is held with two hands on the handle.