|For the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rendition, see News Chopper.|
The VCN Maverick is simply a shortened version of the Maverick, which is based on the Bell 206, and is only capable of seating two occupants. The helicopter bears corporate logos of Eight-Ten VCN in Downtown, Vice City, and as such, is also painted in a blue-and-white body color scheme. In terms of performance, the VCN Maverick is more maneuverable, being capable of steeper pitches, resulting in faster horizontal speeds (at the expense of faster drops in altitude). With it's stats it is also capable of doing flips.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the VCN Maverick is replaced by the News Chopper. However, it is evident that the News Chopper is effectively a retexture of the VCN Maverick, as it is referred to internally as vcnmav, including its line in the vehicles.ide and handling.cfg, and its DFF and TXD Files.
In both Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the VCN Maverick is a leftover from GTA Vice City and is not used in the game; however, it can be obtained only by using Cheat Device. The helicopter will always appear chromed in GTA Liberty City Stories. In GTA Vice City Stories it is unknown if the helicopter was supposed to make a return in the game or just as a leftover again.
GTA Vice City
GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories
- This helicopter does not spawn anywhere and can be only obtained through the use of Cheat Devices or Action Replay codes.
- The VCN Maverick is equipped with a police scanner, but has no radio.
- It's unknown why there is a VCN Maverick in LCS, it's supposed to be a LCN Maverick. This could be because they may have dropped it before converting it to an LCN Maverick.
- Like the Maverick, the VCN Maverick emits door opening/closing noises similar to large trucks.
- Its handling is somewhat comparable to the RC Raider.