- "The automobile manufacturer that pioneered the great American business model of low-quality mass production."
- ―Description at Bawsaq.com.
The Vapid Motor Company, commonly referred to simply as Vapid (BAWSAQ: VAP), is an American automotive company in the HD Universe. According to advertisements in GTA V, it was founded in 1942. The player can buy stocks from them on the Bawsaq.com website in GTA V.
Founded in 1942, it is primarily based on Ford Motor Company, even though the Huntley Sport resembles a Land Rover vehicle, the Minivan resembles a Dodge vehicle, the Bobcat and Speedo resemble Chevrolet vehicles and the Chino resembles a Lincoln vehicle, and the fact that Ford was founded in 1903, 39 years before Vapid. In parody of Ford's famous blue oval badge, Vapid's logo is a red oval badge. The word 'vapid' means 'dull' but also sounds similar to 'rapid,' a possible motivation for the use of the name. Vapid is one of the largest car manufacturers in the HD Universe. A Vapid dealership is located in Downtown Los Santos and is bought by Trevor Philips. Vapid operated an aircraft division, and formerly owned an aircraft hangar in Grapeseed before it was also bought by Trevor Philips.
Events of GTA V
During the mission The Bus Assassination, Franklin is hired by Lester Crest to kill Isaac Penny, an investor planning to buy a controlling interest in the company. His death will cause a major drop in Vapid stocks.
Complete the mission The Bus Assassination, and then invest all of the protagonists' money in Vapid stocks. Wait 48 hours in-game, until the percentage of return reaches its maximum value (in this case 100%) and sell all the protagonists' stocks.
- The Fugitive from GTA V, despite being manufactured by Cheval, has mistakenly been referred to as a "Vapid Fugitive" on the website since the 1.06 update. A Newswire article from 23 December 2013 also refers to it under this name. In a similar vein, The Liberator was mistakenly labelled as a "Vulcar Liberator" in pre-race setup menus.
- The Vapid dealership in Downtown Los Santos is the location in GTA Online where the player's insured vehicles will spawn once he/she claims and pays for it.
- Forty-two Vapid vehicles appear in the HD Universe, the most of any vehicle manufacturer.
- The description of Vapid 'pioneering the great American business model of low-quality mass production' is a reference to the fact that the Ford Motor Company was the first to develop mass-production for cars.
- An exclusive Vapid T-shirt was available for players who completed any five of the available Freemode Events or Freemode Challenges during the Freemode Events Social Club Weekend.
- ↑ http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52502/exclusive-unlocks-in-game-discounts-and-more-in-the-gta
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Kraken • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • Progen • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Vulcar • Weeny • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|