|This article needs more images of:|
Design gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "The Velum is a high-performance single-engine light aircraft manufactured specifically to fulfill the needs of executive travel because, let's face it, that's the only investment in aviation that happens these days."
- ―Elitás Travel description.
The design of the aircraft is mostly a combination between the TBM 850 and the Piper PA-46 Malibu Meridian, with an empennage similar to that of a Piper PA-31 Navajo. It has, in addition to the two pilot and co-pilot seats, two more passenger seats in the back, and therefore two more other people can fit in the plane. They will teleport inside, as there are no back doors. It may also take some design cues from the Cessna 414, but in a single engine configuration.
Current Design Gallery
The Velum is also one of the fastest light aircraft in the game, having a top speed just below that of the Mallard. It is a decently maneuverable aircraft, and it has very responsive turning and handling. Its long wingspan may prevent it from being as agile as other planes in the game, but it is very stable in flight. It does, however, need a relatively long stretch of land in order to take off. Its durability is average, as it can take a modest amount of gunfire before its engine fails and it becomes unflyable.
Given its speed and capability to carry four passengers, it is a fairly good crew transport vehicle in Grand Theft Auto Online, being faster than the average helicopter, even although obviously less versatile.
Although the Velum appears to have a turboprop powerplant, the engine sound reflects that of a piston powerplant.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60 knots)
|Engine Type||Engine Location||Mass|
(Kg / lb)
Mass cannot be observed.
The Velum 5-Seater appears in Grand Theft Auto Online as a minor upgrade from the original Velum, with an updated interior and a rear door for extra accessibility. It is added and used in the Heists Update.
- A unique Velum with a baby blue color is used during the mission Delivering the Truth.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Velum has a prominent appearance in the side mission Delivering the Truth, where a unique Epsilon Program variant can be found. It is baby blue and can only be used during the mission.
- The Velum is also featured in the multiplayer mission Base Invaders, where one known to belong to Ron Jakowski/Trevor Philips Industries must be used to fly into Fort Zancudo. Destroying the aircraft even after landing will result in failing the mission. A unique white variant is used during the mission.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Los Santos International Airport, one is usually found in front of the hangar marked as A17, south of the main terminal.
- Can be obtained by killing Tom in the mission Delivering the Truth. It is uniquely baby blue.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- It can be purchased from the Elitas Travel website for $450,000.
- Sometimes spawns at the Sandy Shores Airfield.
- "Velum" means a membranous structure covering another structure or obstructing an opening.