Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the mission, see Verdant Meadows|
The airstrip is located north of Area 69 and east of El Castillo del Diablo. The airstrip has a single, dirt runway lined with random airplane parts, a control tower and hangars. While flying an airplane in the game, it will show up as an airport landing strip on the HUD similarly to the airports in San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Los Santos. The airstrip is also a safehouse after being purchased, allowing the player to save their game. Upon purchase Verdant Meadows provides a landing site, a garage for vehicles, a hangar for planes (or vehicles), a save point and Flying School. After completing the mission Green Goo, Verdant Meadows becomes an asset property, generating income for Carl over time.
- PCJ-600 - Spawns occasionally by the water tower after purchase of the property.
- Rustler - Spawns in the hangar closest to the AC Tower after completing the mission Learning to Fly.
- Stuntplane - Spawns next to the hangar where the Rustler is located after getting all silver or higher in Flying School.
- Hunter - Spawns on the helipad after getting all gold in Flying School. May alternate with the Leviathan.
- Leviathan - Spawns on the helipad after completing the mission Up, Up and Away!
- Jetpack - Spawns right next to the AC Tower entrance after completing the mission Green Goo.
- Hydra - Spawns in the hangar furthest away from the AC Tower after completing the mission Vertical Bird.
- Assorted bikes and other vehicles spawn in a parking lot off the southeast corner of the property, next to the south access road.
- A beater Sadler and a Sea Sparrow spawn north of the airstrip.
NOTE : When both the Leviathan and the Hunter are unlocked, only one of the two can spawn. Arrive from the west to spawn the Hunter and from the east to spawn the Leviathan.
Verdant Meadows is the setting for several missions given by Mike Toreno and The Truth, starting off with the mission Verdant Meadows where the player is instructed by Toreno to go to the airstrip and purchase it for $80,000. The player will then have to go through Pilot School in order to continue with Toreno's missions. The player must receive a bronze medal in each of the 10 lessons to continue. A specific aircraft will spawn in one of the hangars depending on whether the player received all bronze, silver or gold in every lesson.
The first mission given by Toreno at the airstrip is N.O.E., where the player pilots a Rustler to drop off a package in Angel Pine. Next is the mission Stowaway. A cargo plane lands in the airstrip and the player is instructed to drive a motorcycle to enter the plane before it takes off and plant a satchel charge within the aircraft. The third mission is Black Project, given by The Truth. The player must sneak into the adjacent military base Area 69 and steal a top secret project. Then, in Green Goo, given by The Truth, the player uses his new jetpack to take a jar of green goo from a guarded, moving train. After this mission, the airstrip becomes an asset, generating up to $10,000.
Mike Toreno's Missions
- The name is ironic, as Verdant means a land covered with flourishing plants and grass, but the place is located in the dry, barren desert of Bone County.
- Despite the hangar's huge size, it can only store four vehicles. Storing a fifth vehicle (of any kind) will result in one or more of them disappearing.
- The airfield is possibly based on Kingman Airport in Arizona.
- The wings of one of the planes on the southwestern side of the property form a unique stunt jump.
- A second garage for automobiles and bikes is located next to the water tower; this is the only safehouse to provide two working "garages".
- The hangar is the only garage large enough to store a derailed train. If the player attempts this, however, the game will crash when the player attempts to open the hangar or flies over it.
- Verdant Meadows didn't exist in the Beta map of San Andreas.
- The "Abandoned AC Tower" safehouse is not located at the Hidden Interiors Universe, but below the building itself.
- The plane wrecks on the side of the airstrip resemble an Andromada, but these wrecks lack the black nose and feature a different horizontal stabilizer design at the rear of the fuselage.
- McKenzie Field Hangar- A similarly laid out airport in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online
- Sandy Shores Airfield- An airport with many similarities that is featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online