- "The soundtrack to your broken dreams and unspent potential."
- ―GTA V Website
- Wavves - Nine Is God (2013)
- FIDLAR - Cocaine (2013)
- Bass Drum of Death - Crawling After You (2013)
- Hot Snakes - This Mystic Decade (2004)
- Moon Duo - Sleepwalker (2012)
- Sam Flax - Fire Doesn't Burn Itself (2012)
- Shark? - California Grrls (2013)
- The Black Angels - Black Grease (2005)
- METZ - Wet Blanket (2012)
- Ceremony - Hysteria (2012)
- Ty Segall Band - Diddy Wah Diddy (2012)
- Thee Oh Sees - The Dream (2011)
Exclusive for PS4, Xbox One & PC versions
- Bleached - Next Stop (2013)
- Coliseum - Used Blood (2013)
- JEFF the Brotherhood - Sixpack (2012)
- Mind Spiders - Fall in LIne (2012)
- Nobunny - Gone For Good (2010)
- The Men - Turn It Around (2012)
- The Orwells - Who Needs You (2013)
- The Soft Pack - Answer to Yourself (2009)*
(*This song was orignally cut from the original version of the game)
GTA V's trackID.gxt2 database reveals more songs were planned to appear on the station but were not included in the final version.
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry (2006)
- DIIV - Doused (2012)
- Hanni El Khatib - Head In the Dirt (2013)
- Hanni El Khatib - Pay No Mind (2013)
- No Age - Eraser (2008)
- Psychic Ills - I Get By (2013)
- Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss (2010)
- This is possibly one of Michael De Santa's favorite radio stations, as it plays when the player enters his Tailgater (alongside Radio Mirror Park and Los Santos Rock Radio).
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio may be based on KROQ, a radio station in Los Angeles which plays modern rock, although it's more likely based on Burger Records Radio, a radio station that plays bands that are affiliated or signed with Burger Records, including some of the bands on VBR.
- The Black Keys' song "Lonely Boy" can be heard during a station ID.
- Another song by Wavves, "Dog", is featured in a cutscene in the ending of "The Third Way."
- There are two unknown songs playing in the background in-between songs. One of them can be heard when Nate and Steve do their counter-blessings and when they talk about what was invented in Los Santos.
- The folder containing the station's songs is listed in the game files as "90s_rock". This suggests that Vinewood Boulevard Radio was a relatively late addition to the game, as the folder also contains songs due to be featured on P.M.R., another alternative rock station.
- "Cocaine" by FIDLAR was featured in the GTA Online: Bikers trailer.
- The Hanni El Khatib song "Pay No Mind" was originally meant to be included in the PS4, Xbox One & PC versions as seen in their trackID.gxt2 database, but it was removed for unknown reasons.
- While garage rock is the dominant genre, there is a notable presence of modern punk rock on the station. Notable punk bands include FIDLAR, Hot Snakes, Coliseum, METZ, Ceremony, Ty Segall Band, and The Men. This is likely meant to emulate the massive influence that punk rock has on alternative rock.
- Radio X - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which plays contemporary Alternative rock and Grunge.
- Liberty Rock Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which also plays Alternative Rock.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and its episodes which plays contemporary Alternative Rock, Indie Rock and Dance-rock.
- P.M.R. - A cut radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which played Alternative Rock, until it was replaced by this station.
- The Lab - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Wavves.
- Channel X, A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays hardcore punk.