- NOTE: This mission prevents the player from completing the rest of Kenji Kasen's missions if done before them, which means that the player should complete Kenji's missions before doing this mission if they want to achieve 100% completion.
- "Nothing drives down real estate prices like a good, old-fashioned gang war. Apart from an outbreak of plague, but that might be going a bit too far in this case. I've noticed that the Yakuza and the Colombians are far from friends. Let's capitalize on this business opportunity."
- ― Donald Love
Waka-Gashira Wipeout! is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by media tycoon and businessman Donald Love from the Love Media building in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude visits Donald Love who, already being involved with real estate in Liberty City, wants to develop more properties. He realizes the cheapest way to buy the land and develop is to start a gang war between the Yakuza and the Colombian Cartel, who are already enemies. Donald tells Claude to get a Cartel Cruiser and kill the co-leader of the Yakuza, Kenji Kasen, without leaving the vehicle. Claude drives to the car park in Newport, runs over Kenji, escapes Newport and leaves the vehicle.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Fort Staunton and steal a Columbian gangcar!
- Now get to the multi-storey in Newport and whack Kenji!
- Kenji is fender meat! Get out of Newport and dump the car!
- Now dump the car!
- Kenji Kasen - Killed by Claude (under the guise of a Columbian Cartel assassin) under the orders of Donald Love in order to incite a gang war between the Yakuza and Colombian Cartel as well as allow Love to buy land and develop properties at a more cheaper cost.
- Various members of the Yakuza - Killed by Claude for getting in his way of killing Kenji Kasen.
- Before entering the top floor of the Newport Multistory Car Park, get a Cartel Cruiser and stop at the floor below the top floor. Then, get a Rocket Launcher and shoot where Kenji is standing. After shooting Kenji, ride the Cartel Cruiser to the top, and then dump it.
- Using the rocket launcher once inside the car park will earn the player a one-star wanted level. Using it 2-3 times will raise it to three stars.
- The player can also throw a Molotov directly beneath Kenji.
- Make sure the Cartel Cruiser is in top condition as Kenji is protected by several armed men. It may be beneficial to preform a drive-by shooting rather than running him over as it prevents his men from getting within shooting distance. Kenji is also protected by 3 Yakuza cars.
- Also be careful because one of Kenji's guards will carry M16.
- If you kill everyone at the top of the car park, you will fail the mission as there are no witnesses to blame the Cartel.
- The first sentence Donald Love says originates from the his mentor, Avery Carrington, as referenced when he used it in a conversation with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City protagonist Tommy Vercetti.
- If the player tries to fight off or kills one of the Yakuza members before trying to kill Kenji, they will recieve a three-star wanted level. This does not happen in the PS4 version.
- Waka-Gashira (若頭) is the second-in-command in Yakuza hierarchy.
- Completing this mission before finishing Kenji's missions will prevent the player from reaching 100% completion as Kenji Kasen is killed in this mission.
- In the PS2 version of the game, the Yakuza are armed with M16s instead of Uzis in every other version, which makes the mission considerably harder.
- The LCPD Dispatcher makes a specific announcement during this mission if the player doesn't kill Kenji fast enough: "Call all units. Gunfire reported in Multistorey Car Park in Newport." This causes a 3-star wanted level.