The Windsor is a two-door sports convertible featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and is expected to make a return in Grand Theft Auto 5.
The Windsor is designed as a 1960s to early 1970s classic convertible sports car, appearing with either its black top up or down. The car resembles a late 60s - mid 70's Jaguar E-Type or TVR S Series, but features a stretched rear and a generally longer proportion. The lights on the front and the shape resemble a 1982-1990 Alfa Romeo Spider.
The Windsor is a fast car; however, it does not match up to some of the "elite" cars. The Windsor's engine is very loud, giving out a throaty roar, sounding more like a V8 than the 4 cylinder engine that came in all Alfa Spiders or the 6 cylinder/V12 that came in the all Jaguar E-Types but the engine was close enough to the TVR S seies with V8 Configuration. Acceleration and speed is on par. Cornering is very difficult, as the car seems to be much heavier than it looks. It also tends to subtly fishtail or drift, despite running at mid speeds, though experienced players can control its drifting capabilities.
Being a standard sports car, the Windsor can only be modified at TransFender, which offers the following modifications:
- Wheels (ten types)
- Nitro (All)
- Bass Boost
GTA 5The windsor is expected to make a return, as it is seen in the second trailer for GTA 5 with changes to the back and slight changes to the front of the car.
- The default radio station in the Windsor is Master Sounds 98.3.
- In the mission Key To Her Heart, the croupier leaves the shop very quickly. The player does not necessarily need to use this vehicle, but it is the only one in the parking lot. Sometimes, the car you're driving may disappear after leaving the shop, so you may need to take it.
- The car may be manufactured by either Jugular or Ocelot, as both companies are based of Jaguar.
- Oddly, the front license plate is mounted so that it partly obstructs the engine's main source of air.
- Spawns pretty much all around Las Venturas, especially Prickle Pine.
- Spawns in the Palomino Creek area.
- Spawns around the western half and far north-east area of Los Santos.
- Can be found around the residential areas of San Fierro.
- Available at the Easter Basin docks in San Fierro for import after first list completion for $28,000 on Wednesday
- A pink Windsor can be found in Madd Dogg's Crib during the mission A Home in the Hills.
- Can be seen in the under passage in Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.