- "Listen, out here we like to race for cash or pink slips. Racer's choice. Now get your car started. We're about to go. Good luck, Carl Johnson."
- — Wu Zi Mu
Carl is waiting for Cesar in the meeting place, who is apparently late for a race. Later on, Cesar arrives, who explains that he is late because didn't know when the race would start. Later, the organizer of the race, Wu Zi Mu (a.k.a. "Woozie"), arrives. He introduces himself to Carl, and tells him that the races here a high stakes, and they may reward the winner with cash or a pink slip. Later on, Carl hops on to his vehicle of choice, and goes to the starting point.
Then, the race begins, with Carl and Woozie participating. They race through different parts of Red County, like in Blueberry and in Blueberry Acres. Then, Carl manages to get to the finish line in The Panopticon first, after Carl wins the race, Woozie congratulates him and makes an offer of partnership if he goes to San Fierro. Both disperse when they hear the police sirens.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race
The reward for this mission is $5000 and the mission Farewell, My Love... is unlocked.
In addition, once the race tournaments are unlocked, the race featured in this mission is offered as part of the tournament; however, as the player has already completed it here, they receive credit for it and do not need to do it again (except to improve their time).
Tips and Tricks
- Good vehicles for this mission are the Buffalo or the Rancher, they both have good speed, handling, and off-road traction. The Buffalo can be found at Catalina's hideout, while the Rancher can easily be found in the countryside. The Rancher has better off-road handling, but the Buffalo is faster
- It is possible to attempt to complete either of the Unique Stunt Jumps in Blueberry Acres while driving through the farm; if done correctly, this can give the player a good lead on the other racers.
- If you are having trouble staying in the lead, you can try to push the other cars off the ledge just as the race begins.
- Once again, slow and steady wins the race as there many turns and jumps early on. Trying to handbreak turn in either Buffalo or the Rancher may cause a spin out on dirt roads or flip the vehicle over. It's best not to try to take over the lead too early as the cars are too bunched up. Take over the lead once the race hits the first straight away and then on the road leading to the farm.
- Claude, the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto III, can be seen in the background of the opening cutscene. Although two other protagonists have been seen in past games (Victor Vance in the Introduction and Toni Cipriani in his missions for Claude) they were not introduced as protagonists, making this the first mission to feature another known protagonist.
- The race may be repeated in the Los Santos Race Tournaments, accessed in Little Mexico, Los Santos. It can be found as "Badlands A". Unlike in this mission, Carl will be forced to use a Sabre for the race.
- No matter which vehicle the player chooses at the beginning of the mission, Carl is seen with a ZR-350 during the ending cutscene. (This is the car he wins off Woozie, which is why he happily swipes the rear wing) The ZR-350 is also the car the Carl uses in the next mission.
- Although Woozie drives a pink bulletproof Fortune during the mission, he is seen with a Bravura during the ending cutscene.
- This is the first appearance of Wu Zi Mu.
- The mission can be done in a Walton (video)
- If the "Flying Cars" cheat is activated during this mission, the opponent's cars will all fly away from the track and will usually spin out of control in the air. The player will then have a chance to finish the race in first place, but he must drive slowly so as to not fly away as well.
- When Cesar is getting out of his car, it looks like he's getting out of an invisible car. Also, his Savanna is seen behind Woozie.
- Hotring Racers are not allowed to be used in the race.
- Despite the race doesn't allow bikes to be used in the competition, the mission will accept Quad Bike to be used by CJ as his racing vehicle. Since driving a Quad Bike will only increase Driving Skill, not Motorbike Skill, the game may refer Quad Bike as a "car", not as a "motorbike" instead.