The Yosemite is a full-size pickup truck featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Yosemite is evidently a full-size pickup truck larger in size than Bobcat, resembling a heavy-duty version of a 1988-1999 GMC Sierra full size pickup (but missing a pair of headlights). Its two-tone color schemes seem inspired by most early 1980s pickups. The vehicle is only capable of seating two. The truck is presumably named after the Yosemite National Park in California, probably as some link to the Sierra Nevada than the GMC Sierra. The PS2 version also has a twin-rear axle tire configuration, while the PC version does not. The Yosemite cannot be modified.
Based on the vehicle's internal statistics, the Yosemite possess superior qualities over most other pickup trucks, (second only to the Picador in terms of performance) with good speed, acceleration, and handling; these attributes were also tested by Rockstar to ascertain the vehicle's performance.
In practice, however, the Yosemite is revealed to be one of the heaviest pickup trucks in the game, resulting in severe understeer, less responsive brakes and sluggish acceleration, but still manages to achieve above average top speeds at straightaways. The truck may be useful for off-roading due to its high ground clearance, but its stiff suspension may also prove to be a problem when traversing rough terrain. Even worse is the RWD confirguation which is rubbish when in sand terrain.
The monsterb variant of the Monster in GTA San Andreas is based on the Yosemite.
- The default radio station in the Yosemite is K-DST.
- On the console versions of the game, when you skid or burnout with the Yosemite, it only leaves single skid marks. (Confirmed Xbox and PS2)
- The Landstalker and Yosemite are based on the same chassis, with slightly different headights.
- The Landstalker is a SUV, while the latter is a pickup. They both suffer from heavy weight and very stiff suspensions, but have the benefit of strong horsepower and high ground clearance. The SUV can seat 4, though.
- The front end of the Yosemite apparently resembles the Cartel Cruiser.
- The Yosemite can be found almost anywhere in San Andreas.
- Sometimes driving around the freeway near the Los Santos Airport will cause them to spawn in traffic.
- Spawns more often when the beach theme cheat is activated.