|Not to be confused with ZiT.|
GTA III and LCS
There are stores in Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Certain pedestrians carry shopping bags with the Zip logo on them and are usually seen in the Newport and Belleville Park districts of Staunton Island.
GTA Vice City
Gash is the re-branded Zip in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City; however, there are Zip logos on some vans and on the Hotring Racer. There is a Gash store in the North Point Mall which pays protection money to Tommy Vercetti which also must be robbed to achieve 100%. The Casual Outfit is available outside the upstairs entrance. A hidden package can be picked up at the back of the upstairs West wing in the North Point Mall Gash store above the interior escalators.
GTA San Andreas
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there are four Zip stores that can only be unlocked upon completing the mission Are You Going to San Fierro?. Players can buy various attires and clothing for Carl Johnson to wear to increase his sex appeal or other people's respect toward him. There is a building that is under construction in King's in San Fierro bearing a Zip logo. The building may be intended for another Zip store, although this is never confirmed throughout the game, as the construction never finished. It's also possible that the construction project is sponsored by Zip, or could quite possibly be the real Gap headquarters Zip is based from, because of the fact that the real Gap headquarters in San Francisco, CA was built right around the same time San Andreas takes place.
Zip reappears in Grand Theft Auto V, albeit with a different logo. The store is inaccessible to the player and plays no role in the storyline whatsoever.
GTA San Andreas
|Respect % +||Sex Appeal % +||Price|
|Sky Blue Shirt||7||10||$40|
|Cream Logo T||0||5||$35|
|Gray Logo T||0||5||$35|
|Black Sun Hat||2||2||$20|
|Plaid Sun Hat||2||2||$20|
- Zip was originally meant to be available sometime before unlocking San Fierro, as seen in this screenshot of CJ wearing a plaid shirt and hiking boots while performing "Are You Going to San Fierro?".
- A few Gash shopping bags can be found in the Journalist's apartment in Manhunt.
- A billboard advertising Zip can be seen in the Rockstar Vancouver game Bully.
- Gash could quite possibly be either the trademark, affiliate, or old name for Zip.
- In Beat Down: Fist Of Vengeance, there was a Zip store at Town Square of Las Sombras, though Beat Down: Fist Of Vengeance was made by Capcom.
- Zip sells a lot of khaki pants, therefore there is a pun for the khakis written on the wall of the Zip Store located in San Fierro saying 'With Five More Floors of Khakis'. The under-construction store in King's, north of the Doherty Garage, has a similar slogan; 'New Store Opening Soon, Six More Floors of Khakis'. The final two letters are smeared out so the last word reads 'khak', which is a homophone of 'cack', another term for excrement.
- While Gap may indirectly refer to the female vulva, the term Zip is believed to be an impression of a zipped vulva.
- ZIP was meant to make an appearance as an available clothing store in GTA IV, but it was replaced with Modo.