The ZR-350 is a two-door sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The ZR-350 is strongly based on the 1992-2002 Mazda RX-7 but it is scaled much longer and bears the taillights of a 1995-1998 Nissan Silvia S14 or of a 1989-1995 Nissan 240SX, only much bigger. It is the only car in GTA San Andreas with pop-up headlights that automatically appear during darkness. It also features "ZR-350" on the rear lights.
The name could be a reference to the 1990–1995 Corvette C4 which had a 350 cu in engine (it should also be noted that the elongated front can be mistaken for a C5 Corvette). The name of the ZR-350 may also be a reference to the Nissan 350Z, stating that the car has a 3.5L engine, even though its real-life counterpart did not exist in 1992. The name may also suggest that car has a 350hp engine.
There are two versions of this car; one with a rear-spoiler and one without a spoiler.
The ZR-350 most likely features a V6 engine in an FR drivetrain layout and has a good top speed and acceleration and could be one of the fastest cars in the game. However, it has poor handling when driving at high speeds as it usually drifts at high speeds. It is also damage-resistant, and slow collisions do not affect the vehicle that much.
The ZR-350 can be modified at TransFender. Modifications include:
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Exhausts||Large Exhaust||$ 250|
|Medium Exhaust||$ 200|
|Twin Exhaust||$ 300|
|Upswept Exhaust||$ 400|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Side skirts||Side Skirt||$ 500|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
- Carl Johnson uses a modified black ZR-350 for a race, as a challenge given by Catalina.
- T-Bone Mendez owns a brown ZR-350.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Introduction - A parked ZR-350 briefly makes an appearance, where it can be seen in the part with Mike Toreno and Mendez beating a man. After, in Liberty City, Carl try to steal one a ZR-350, although the car isn't present in any GTA featuring LC.
- Wu Zi Mu - In the cutscene, you can see a dark gray ZR-350, on which Claude, from GTA 3, is seated.
- Farewell, My Love... - A black ZR-350 is the vehicle that Carl Johnson uses for the mission. This version has off-road tires, fitting to the terrain of the race track ... in theory; as noted above, the car's tendency to drift at high speeds makes it difficult to handle on the very winding route of the track, and unlike many other vehicles, the slightest bump is capable of flipping the vehicle; it also appears that the car used in this level is less damage-resistant than normal, as only a few collisions (with other vehicles or with scenery) is enough to make the vehicle begin smoking. Despite the car being black during races, there is a common glitch during cutscenes which makes the car appear to shift between black and a shimmering silver.
- Photo Opportunity - T-Bone Mendez comes at Angel Pine with a brown ZR-350, although the car is unobtainable after the mission.
- 555 We Tip - At the cutscene when CJ arrives at the Valet Parking, there will always be a ZR-350 parked by a random pedestrian and one of the valets will try to park it afterwards at the same time CJ kill the driver valet. It can be obtained without failing the mission but its color will be random.
- Commonly spawns in affluent/commercial districts in all three cities.
- Parked in the Las Venturas Airport parking lot.
- In front of a warehouse on the east side of the LVA Freight Depot, Las Venturas .
- The Clown's Pocket parking lot, Las Venturas. (only when wanted for export)
- Available for import at Easter Basin, San Fierro every Friday after completing export lists (Costs $36,000).
- After the completion of Farewell, My Love..., the player may store the ZR-350 equipped with Off Road Wheel in a garage.
- Occasionally spawns behind the Burger Shot in Marina, Los Santos.
- A model car of the ZR-350 can be found in Zero RC shop in Garcia, San Fierro.
- The default radio station in the ZR-350 is SF-UR.
- The ZR-350 is one of the only two Mazda-inspired models in the Grand Theft Auto series, the other being the Merit.
- The front bumper of the ZR-350 cannot be damaged.
- Unlike its real life variant (Mazda RX-7 FD3S), it does not consist of a front lip which is why the front bumper cannot be damaged at all no matter what speed you go at when you crash.